Old 08-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
St. Louis , Missouri
Rubbernecking on I-44

Midday Sunday we headed out of St Louis on I-44. As new as we are to trailering, of course we crane our necks at any passing RVs going the opposite direction. On Sunday afternoon there are dozens going back to town. I also looked for other drivers looking at us. Evidently we are invisible to white box owners, and we didnt see a single one looking back. But there were two Airstreamers who took long looks at us too. Im guessing here, but one looked to be a mid 60s 22, and the other was a 30+ Excella. But my exuberance got the best of me when I saw a fellow 80s Avion, first ever seen by us on the road, and shamelessly honked. I make open apology for my indiscretion.

Acknowledgement by fellow aluminumers, if even only a nod, was gratifying. Nice to be part of the brotherhood even if were just cousins.

The Morgans
1989 Avion 34VB, "QE3"
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L "Tug"
Alluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Years ago, folks with sports cars would wave. They were few and far between so seeing another was a big deal. The motorcyclists acknowledge each other on a regular basis. So if we want to flash, wave, wink, or nod, it's OK, good, cool! Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Toronto , Ontario
Jeep Wave

The tow vehicle for our Sport 22FB is a Jeep Wrangler. Jeep Wrangler drivers usually give the Jeep wave to other Wranglers, so we were used to that when travelling. (This is usually raising two fingers from the steering wheel, but can sometimes be a full wave too.)

I just installed my new Ontario Veteran plates that have a distinctive red Poppy symbol and got some waves from SOBs. At first we thought that the SOB drivers were just acknowledging another RVr, but then deduced, after receiving a wave from an older woman standing outside her house in a village that we went through, that it must be the veteran plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate 6497.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	268550

I am looking forward to AS waves now too.

Name:   waving hand.gif
Views: 70
Size:  22.4 KB
Ray and Vida
Toronto ON Canada
- - - - - - - - - - - -
2017 Sport 22FB; WBCCI #6497
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote