Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Route suggestions for trip to Alumapalooza?

We have decided to make the trip to this years Alumapalooza! My wife "the navigator" is beginning to ask me questions like "what route and where do you want to stay on the first evening?". The thinking is that at the speeds we will be traveling perhaps a single day of 800 miles is too long so we will break it up.
Being new to this I have decided to throw the questions out here for your opinions. Basically we can take the "northern" route of 80 or we can take 70 with a penally of about 30 miles. Where do we stay? Is this a Walmart or truck stop evening or do we book a spot at a campground along the way? Remember we will probably begin the trip on Monday (we have signed up for all five days of the event) and this is Memorial day! I have no idea what the traffic is like on this day as almost always spend my time sailing during this holiday......
Thanks,
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Route

Bruce,

Not sure how much time you have for your travels but we seldom travel the interstates. I would probably travel along the southern end of the finger lakes, west pennsylvania, northeast ohio and down to jackson center. If you have a chance check out the Penn Wood Airstream park in new bethlehem, pa or the portage lakes campground in portage lakes, oh close to akron. Most of all have a great time and enjoy you travels.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alumapalooza