Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
Route Planning - Denver to Yellowstone

Greetings to all. As a new member, and a new owner of a 23' International, I know I have a lot to learn. This forum has been extremely helpful in finding answers to all kinds of questions.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best route to Yellowstone from Denver? There are 3 or 4 ways to get there and I was wondering if one was any better than another?

Thanks in advance.

RonaldC303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Hi Ron,
I guess it depends on what your are looking for. I think the quickest is probably I-25 to Fort Collins and then US-287 to Laramie. Get on I-80 and get off at Rawlins. Then follow 287 again all the way to Yellowstone. It is fairly scenic especially after Lander.
My favorite for the scenery ( not until after I-25) is all the way up I-25 to Ranchester just north of Sheridan. Then take Us-14 to the east entrance of the Park. As you can see looking at the Wyoming map there are many variations.
The important thing for me, is to each time take a new route if time permits. Wyoming is a fascinating state.
I hope you enjoy the trip.

Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Obsessed with Moonunit
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
You might want to get an Atlas and Gazatteer for a couple of states. We have used our Colorado one until the pages have fallen out. They show everything including many forest roads. I like them because they show mnt. passes and elevation. I think I-25 into Wyoming fairly far north and then west. We have friends who live in Sheridan, WY and they went to Yellowstone from there. I don't know all the WY interstate roads, but I think their route was pretty straightforward, pretty much due west.

Where in Littleton? We live close by. Welcome, by the way. This is the place to find all things AS!!
Leigh (IB Aluminated)

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote