Old 09-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
Len and Jeanne
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
If you are in to staying at KOA's. There is a 5 star one on Hwy 2, near the west entrance to GNP. I would think it will still be open.
Enjoy the trip!
We've also stayed at the nearby Glacier CG. A bit rustic, but we like it that way.

And just to second that we enjoy visiting Sandpoint, ID and Priest Lake State Park in Idaho. Driving through Sandpoint, maybe the best place to park a rig would be the parking area at the City Beach municipal park. Follow signs either for it or the Amtrak station, but if the latter, just drive straight, under the tracks. There are some nice restaurants, wine bars, and shops.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1969 25' Tradewind
Dahinda , Illinois
Thanks for so much good information everyone! This is sure a great site for travel info & tips!

gowest1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1969 25' Tradewind
Dahinda , Illinois
I am new to this site and just figured out how to reply!! Anyway, liked your post. Good info. I lived in Spokane in the early 60's...left after 7th grade. We're going to stop for a couple of nights (Riverside CG I think) to take a walk down memory lane. If there are one or two "gotta stop here" places to see/visit/good food while in Spokane I'd love to know what you would suggest. Thanks! Gowest1969 (pat)

gowest1969 is offline   Reply With Quote