Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
Rosebowl 2014

We are heading down and will be in the RV parking at the Rosebowl starting Saturday the 28th. Will we see any of you there? Just two Airstreams last year...

1999 27' Airstream Safari + 2011 Mercedes GL 350 Turbo-diesel + 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid w/ 7,200 Watt Pro Power
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Send a message via AIM to crabbey1 Send a message via Skype™ to crabbey1
I would love to meet up since we live in Pasadena, but we will be in Ohio for Xmas and New Years with the Argosy. Have fun!
crabbey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California
Still getting our Flying Cloud up and running, but if Stanford's there again next year we will be too. Go Cardinal!
calais66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Let us know what it is like pulling an AS through the traffic and how you like the urban camping experience.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Someday I'd love to go. Not this year ( although we're Auburn fans) - work gets in the way .

How far is the parking from the parade route? Is the parking lot in a place that makes it a good home base for the parade, surrounding sights ( although I don't know what tht would be). Safe area?

Have fun! Hope your team does well.

War Eagle,

Karen
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
The Region 12 Rose Parade Rally will be near the Trader Joes off Colorado Blvd for the parade starting on Saturday. We will drop by the rally either Saturday or Sunday.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
The RV parking at the stadium is right next to the Kidspace Children's museum in the Rosebowl compex. It's on grass - so I would call it more like tailgater boondocking than urban camping.

There are bathrooms close by and showers nearby at the aquatic center. But no hookups. There is water available if you have a way to transport it from hose bibs nearby.

We had a great time last year - it's just very exciting and you are in the center of everything. One highlight - the kids and I were out walking the dog in the morning the day before the game - and a stealth bomber flew over us at about 500 feet doing it's practice run for the following day. It was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen...

The formal RV overnight parking area at the stadium is incredibly expensive for what you get - which is a 50 x 20 foot strip of grass - it opens on the 28th and then costs $100 per night up until New Years eve, then it's $200 for the night of the 31st. We unhook and you can bring your tow vehicle in and out as much as you like - so we use it like a base camp.

It's also right next door to where the floats are assembled and judged - so you can get close to the floats and see how the whole process works.

We're relatively die hard Stanford fans - so we'll be attending lots of the alumni events, pep rally etc and be pretty focused on the game and hanging out with friends from school who live in the area.

If you are more interested in the Rose Parade, than the game, I know people park their trailers right on the parade route - and I see that the WBCCI Region 12 folks are having a Rose Parade Rally. I'm sure others can provide more details.

1999 27' Airstream Safari + 2011 Mercedes GL 350 Turbo-diesel + 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid w/ 7,200 Watt Pro Power
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Thanks Dan. I think we'll be putting that on our list for next year. Sounds like fun. Have a great time!
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
Let us know what it is like pulling an AS through the traffic and how you like the urban camping experience.

Gary
Can't comment on the camping experience at the stadium but the urban camping at the WBCCI rally (in a school parking lot, near Trader Joe's) was great fun! As for the traffic... we didn't have a problem. Both the stadium and the WBCCI rally are easy to access off the interstate.

Add a grain of salt if needed... Danielle and I visit state capitols when we have a chance and recently went to Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN - traffic wasn't the problem, finding parking space(s) and paying the meters was a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjude View Post
Thanks Dan. I think we'll be putting that on our list for next year. Sounds like fun. Have a great time!
The game is really expensive. Last year when we went to the WBCCI rally and parade we checked into game tickets. I seem to recall over $200 each for end zone, nose bleed and those were the list prices - scalper prices were much higher! So we decided to keep the money in our pocket, help build a float (such a blast), and watch the game on TV.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post

Gary
Must be an Ohio State fan
calais66 is offline   Reply With Quote