Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Glad you are ok. I am quite respectful of wildlife - especially when there are babies around. When I was fly fishing on Sprague Lake once, I was so focused on watching the fly and casting that when I looked up, a moose calf was less than 5 feet away from me standing in the water with me. Needless to say, I'd did the slow backup to get away from him and get some distance. Where there is a calf, there is a protective mama! TPhan is right about the elk. Both the bulls and the sows can be aggressive - particularly during the rut. Elk racks are impressive - but only something I want to see from a distance.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Great pictures! We stopped there for 3 days on our way back from Canada. Fished the same waters. Great fishing on the Thompson. Love the drive in the gorge!

WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Commerce , Texas
Beautiful photos...they do take me back! Our vacations were there every summer for years when our kids were little. Such great memories; time to restart that tradition!

"You can buy a cheaper burger, but then you gotta eat it." Texas Burger
jal4509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal4509 View Post
Beautiful photos...they do take me back! Our vacations were there every summer for years when our kids were little. Such great memories; time to restart that tradition!
Glad you like the pictures. It was a great trip and one of my favorite places to go!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
Great pictures ; We visit the park every time we are in CO. Our son lives in Boulder and works in Longmont we didn't get out ther this year but were there last summer . We live in OHIO and it's a long pull to Colorado so we have never camped there maybe when my wife retires 1 1/2 years to go we can do it . Les Grace wbcci #14183
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfox45 View Post
Great pictures ; We visit the park every time we are in CO. Our son lives in Boulder and works in Longmont we didn't get out ther this year but were there last summer . We live in OHIO and it's a long pull to Colorado so we have never camped there maybe when my wife retires 1 1/2 years to go we can do it . Les Grace wbcci #14183
You need to add it to your trip list - especially with your son nearby! Just reserve early.... Popular spot.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
You need to add it to your trip list - especially with your son nearby! Just reserve early.... Popular spot.
Ha, we checked already.. You can only book six months out. We were looking at next Sept. Have to wait six months..
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #22
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
I work at Moraine Park Campground! I always get excited to see an airstream arrive C loop is quite beautiful. Glacier Basin is closed this year and summer 2013 for the massive road construction project and road reroute to Bear Lake. The road is really looking amazing though! There's a huge 7 x 7 bull and his harem that have been hanging out right at the entrance to the campground. Amazing summer is was and now the season is about at it's close, Oct 8th last day for reservations then first-time first serve in B loop for winter once we shut off the water.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandruska View Post
I work at Moraine Park Campground! I always get excited to see an airstream arrive C loop is quite beautiful. Glacier Basin is closed this year and summer 2013 for the massive road construction project and road reroute to Bear Lake. The road is really looking amazing though! There's a huge 7 x 7 bull and his harem that have been hanging out right at the entrance to the campground. Amazing summer is was and now the season is about at it's close, Oct 8th last day for reservations then first-time first serve in B loop for winter once we shut off the water.
Need any help next summer?
Not a bad spot to "work".. I'm jealous. Is it a six month advance time on reservations? Meaning, if I want next September, I need to reserve in March?
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandruska View Post
How cool is that that you work there! I had another reservation to go back on Oct 7th but had to cancel it to attend a fly casting class. Do you work there every year? If so, see you again next spring! I will be in a 23 fb AS towed by a Maroon color Toyota Tundra...
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #25
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Need any help next summer?
Not a bad spot to "work".. I'm jealous. Is it a six month advance time on reservations? Meaning, if I want next September, I need to reserve in March?
Thanks,
Jeff
Thanks! I know I'm really lucky to be there. Everyone is great too. It is going to be 6 months in advance to the day too for reservations in those C loop spots. I'll be back next year so see you when you get here!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
How cool is that that you work there! I had another reservation to go back on Oct 7th but had to cancel it to attend a fly casting class. Do you work there every year? If so, see you again next spring! I will be in a 23 fb AS towed by a Maroon color Toyota Tundra...
Awesome! Acceptable reason to miss coming up. I've been around to a few parks but we have a really great group of people at the campgrounds so we are all coming back next year. I've been up in Tetons Yellowstone and Isle Royale. I'm still seasonal but love to move around so looking seriously for an airsteam to have a place to always call home. Most parks have hookups for employees in headquarters area if you bring your own camper and it's a bit cheaper than staying in govt housing. Most importantly, I'll have a place for my red healer, Red Dog.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Well, I hope you find the Airstream so Red Dog has a place to sleep that is cool. Nice to meet you on the forum. I am a regular at Moraine CG so will see you in the Spring. Please do say hi if you see my rig.