Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #641
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Just switch the digits around and make it 2051. That way it will last until were both 108. We can throw a big party when you start the next one. We'll invite Bob, even though he'll still be just a kid.

Happy Birthday,
I'm pretty sure we were both born in the same year
Ken
Ken,

Wrong. You are just a kid and a disobedient one at that. Obey your elder!

I think you mean Bob of Buffalo, not Bob, newly of Salem. I believe BB's birthday is in a few days as is Lewster's.

Happy birthday all Octoberites, especially the left handed ones.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #642
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Ken,

Wrong. You are just a kid and a disobedient one at that. Obey your elder!

I think you mean Bob of Buffalo, not Bob, newly of Salem. I believe BB's birthday is in a few days as is Lewster's.

Happy birthday all Octoberites, especially the left handed ones.

Gene
Well, Bob of Salem's profile says he is 68. My profile says correctly that I am 71 (that happened in June). When I was 3 and already potty trained, Bob was just getting born.

I know you and I are only months apart, but I not sure who is the eldest. I though it was me, but I guess if you say so, you can be the old fart. I will be the middle fart. Bob is so young, it may not be safe for him to fart.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #643
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I find it hard to write my age because it makes me even more loony—74 today. I feel better than in years because of the surgical fix.

The power went off at 6 pm. We got an informal offer at 6:03 (thanks to battery power). I accepted informally at 6:05. It is too low and I'm sure the buyer is just as unhappy. So are deals made.

We are giving him some furniture, so we'll get a better and newer sofa and matching chair and Barb doesn't need the super desk she bought years ago and we know it would be very, very hard to get it out of the basement.

Now we wait for inspection, final loan approval and appraisal. All those are nail biters too.

Now to read the formal offer which I can't print and if I could, couldn't see very well.

A good birthday, but we only have guacamole and birthday cake, but dinner wasn't made and the stove and oven are electric. We may have to go to town for more.

Another crazy day unfolds.

Gene

Old 10-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #644
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like it's close, tho, Gene. Hallelujah.

But don't celebrate til it's a sealed deal....bad karma.

Happy Birthday!

Maggie
Old 10-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #645
Rivet Master

Congratulations on the house.
Either you're lying about your age or my memory sucks. I refuse to bet on my memory. One plus, the worse my memory gets, the better my imagination gets. Pretty soon, I'll be remembering about the lottery I won the other day. I hope Susan stops me before I run up too big a debt.

I just thought up a way to safe face. I'll just imagine that you lied to me the first time you told me how old you were. I'll be remembering it as true in no time. Yeah, That's the ticket!!!

Ken
Old 10-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #646
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, Happy Birthday Gene. What a great day to celebrate selling your house too.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #647
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, don't you worry, old timers; I'll be 69 next month, so I'm gaining on you. And my dog is older than your cat too.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #648
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, don't you worry, old timers; I'll be 69 next month, so I'm gaining on you. And my dog is older than your cat too.
Not if I add all my cats together?

Ken
Old 10-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #649
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Not if I add all my cats together?

Ken
Hi, Ken; Only if all three cats equal more than seventeen.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #650
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Happy birthday, Gene! Hoping that the house is sold.

Tom
Old 10-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #651
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Happy 53rd anniversary of your 21st birthday.

Glad to hear your old house is under contract. Hope closing goes smoothly, you're due for a big sigh of relief!

Paula
Old 10-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #652
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Ken; Only if all three cats equal more than seventeen.
We'll have to call it a tie
Daisy is 10
Tiger is 6
Kimba has two more months before he turns 2.

Ken
Old 10-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #653
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
You can't add 3 cats together. Barb's cat is 14, so he and I are both older and wiser than you Ken and any of your cats. You can't get 3 cats to agree on anything, but that is true for people too, though not for dogs.

I have a signed contract as of this morning. It appears he doesn't want an inspection, and that reduces the possibility of problems popping up. Any inspector can find things to fix in a house. I got $3,000 off the purchase price of our new house that way. I was going to suggest Helen Keller as the inspector, but I don't think she's available.

We're moving more and more stuff out of the old house and there won't be much left for a mover. We will try to hire some young guys and rent a truck for the rest. We are saving a lot on moving costs, though I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs., I have been pushing it. After 4 weeks, I feel good, though I tire easily. No problems except lack of stamina and no vertebra has exploded.

Next we go to pick up Barb's parents in Pueblo and take them to a birthday party in NM for her father's younger brother (80). That'll be about 1,500 miles and back next Monday to Grand Jct. In the meantime I'm copying all sorts of documents necessary for a seller to present. The paperwork on a house sale keeps growing in an effort to make a perfect world. At least I don't have to prove to a mortgage company I am worthy of a loan. We went through that a year and half ago and that will drive anyone over the edge.

With the power off on my birthday, we decided after a dinner of cake, guacamole and a beer to go into town and had nachos to celebrate. Even with a bunch of candles we couldn't see what we were doing and left stuff all over in the dark. The power cane back on at 10:30, so we watched SNL. In the morning I didn't see a pair of reading glasses I had dropped on the floor and stepped on them. They only cost $12, so not a big loss.

Not as much a loss as the women who had her balloon, trailer and a truck stolen at the Balloon Fiesta. We went to 3 Fiestas with the Airstream group, so I miss it a little, but we've been too busy. Last year there were 200 Airstreams, too many in our opinion. A wonderful experience though and I recommend it to anyone. I wish we could see the many people we have met there, but we can't do everything.

Next year we will be able to travel again and I'll be thinking about that all winter. We'll probably start with a brief trip to Ouray as we often do in May. Maybe north to Canada. With the Canadian dollar worth 88˘ US, the exchange rate favors us.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Now I need a nap.

Gene

Old 10-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #654
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
You can't add 3 cats together. Barb's cat is 14, so he and I are both older and wiser than you Ken and any of your cats. You can't get 3 cats to agree on anything, but that is true for people too, though not for dogs.

I have a signed contract as of this morning. It appears he doesn't want an inspection, and that reduces the possibility of problems popping up. Any inspector can find things to fix in a house. I got $3,000 off the purchase price of our new house that way. I was going to suggest Helen Keller as the inspector, but I don't think she's available.

We're moving more and more stuff out of the old house and there won't be much left for a mover. We will try to hire some young guys and rent a truck for the rest. We are saving a lot on moving costs, though I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs., I have been pushing it. After 4 weeks, I feel good, though I tire easily. No problems except lack of stamina and no vertebra has exploded.

Next we go to pick up Barb's parents in Pueblo and take them to a birthday party in NM for her father's younger brother (80). That'll be about 1,500 miles and back next Monday to Grand Jct. In the meantime I'm copying all sorts of documents necessary for a seller to present. The paperwork on a house sale keeps growing in an effort to make a perfect world. At least I don't have to prove to a mortgage company I am worthy of a loan. We went through that a year and half ago and that will drive anyone over the edge.

With the power off on my birthday, we decided after a dinner of cake, guacamole and a beer to go into town and had nachos to celebrate. Even with a bunch of candles we couldn't see what we were doing and left stuff all over in the dark. The power cane back on at 10:30, so we watched SNL. In the morning I didn't see a pair of reading glasses I had dropped on the floor and stepped on them. They only cost $12, so not a big loss.

Not as much a loss as the women who had her balloon, trailer and a truck stolen at the Balloon Fiesta. We went to 3 Fiestas with the Airstream group, so I miss it a little, but we've been too busy. Last year there were 200 Airstreams, too many in our opinion. A wonderful experience though and I recommend it to anyone. I wish we could see the many people we have met there, but we can't do everything.

Next year we will be able to travel again and I'll be thinking about that all winter. We'll probably start with a brief trip to Ouray as we often do in May. Maybe north to Canada. With the Canadian dollar worth 88˘ US, the exchange rate favors us.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Now I need a nap.

Gene
Congratulations on the contract Gene. I know it was a long, and arduous time in coming.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #655
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
The house was on the market for 4 years and 5 months. There are other houses that have been on the market just as long. Rural America still struggles with Great Recession and the buyer lives in western Colorado, but has a successful business. We expected someone from the big city who wanted a retirement house, but we'll take this one.

Got to get back to unloading the pickup. Barb carries the heavy stuff and I help with the light stuff or to carry furniture (not the really heavy stuff). That's what is great about a young trophy wife—they are strong. The bad thing is she's still 8 months away from Medicare. And she's always beautiful. She knows she can't stop me from helping, but keeps a close eye on me so I don't hurt myself.

By moving for over a year, we can figure out where things go slowly instead of having a gazillion boxes piled up and not knowing where to start. I'll bet Bob still has dozens of boxes from his move to Oregon, but I'm sure he's glad to be away from those 100˚ temps in S. Cal.

Gene

Old 10-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #656
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank goodness, Gene.

What a relief this must be for you and Barb.

If everything happens for a reason, there's a lesson to be learned in this ordeal....somewhere.

Congratulations.

Maggie
Old 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #657
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Maggie, I think the lesson to be learned is not to buy an expensive house in a rural area. Not counting inflation, the price we paid in 2000 plus the improvements probably mean we come out even. That doesn't count the value of our labor. Inflation means we lost money. We will pay off most of the mortgage on the new house, but not all because we have a very low interest rate (2.875%) and will invest some in very safe stocks that pay a dividend of more than that. The payments we receive from the lot we sold and took a mortgage on will pay the rest of our mortgage on the new house.

Gene

Old 10-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #658
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Wow, Gene. It's good to come back and be greeted with such good news.

Happy, happy birthday!
Old 10-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #659
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Wow, Gene. It's good to come back and be greeted with such good news.

Happy, happy birthday!
I intend to milk my birthday, birthweek and birthmonth for all I can get. Then my 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 birthdays. Fortunately for her sanity, Barb ignores me. I will also celebrate the closing on the house in mid-November which is a few days before Barb's half birthday.

Gene

Old 10-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #660
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
it's a good feeling

selling the house…getting a contract and getting thru the inspections, appraisals, and all the other items that have to get right or no money.

we sold ours in the first week it was on the market and we are awaiting a closing date…a remote closing….and then money in the bank…..
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote