Old 10-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #631
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
We have the offer, trying to figure out how to get more $ and not scare the guy away.
Gene
Hi, Gene; That's a hard question to answer. How far off is he from what you want, or are asking for the house? Is it close enough to make or break the deal? Split the difference on the low side to make the buyer feel better. Maybe fix a few things? We had the water heater replaced with a new one and a few other things that the inspector found. We also paid for an insurance that warrantees the house for one year.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 AM   #632
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Take it and run...cut your losses and get the h--l out of Dodge....is my suggestion.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....all that.

IMHO.

Maggie

Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #633
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Here's hoping the deal goes through and that chapter in your life can be closed. Good luck! Jim
Old 10-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #634
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Never take the first offer is the first rule of negotiating. He has our counter offer and is checking with his lender and wants to look at the house again. I'm seeing if we can meet him there and work it out between us instead of sending paper back and forth.

I do want to get this done and stop losing money on keeping the place heated, water on, etc., but also want to get the best deal we can.

Gene
Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #635
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Boy, I hope you're able to get the place sold, Gene!

We've been very firm about our asking price, to the point of telling a couple of folks (in pretty blunt terms) to take a walk in short order. Indeed, the only way in which we indicate flexibility is with carrying a note, and even then we make clear that it'll have to be after a substantial down payment. So far after a few months on the public (not Airstream-only) market, we've got a couple of solid leads, and we hope one or the other will work out! (Alas, the discount program we run for club members will surely die. We'd hoped for a different outcome, but we can't really control that.)

If they don't work out, well, maybe I should tell them about this great place up at Crawford!

Lynn

Quote:
Never take the first offer is the first rule of negotiating. He has our counter offer and is checking with his lender and wants to look at the house again. I'm seeing if we can meet him there and work it out between us instead of sending paper back and forth.

I do want to get this done and stop losing money on keeping the place heated, water on, etc., but also want to get the best deal we can.

Gene
Old 10-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #636
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:

Gene
Hi, Gene; I found that in many of the things I tied to sell, sometimes the first offer was the only offer. That being said, Our first offer [flipper] on our house was a low ball with all repairs and expenses to be ours. [one way street, going the wrong way] We dropped our price by 10K and got quite a bit of interest in it. The first serious buyer, bought it. Anyway, I sure hope you sell your house. For us having two houses, especially at the distance of 900 miles, had some stress factor. Much happier now.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #637
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Gene; I found that in many of the things I tied to sell, sometimes the first offer was the only offer. That being said, Our first offer [flipper] on our house was a low ball with all repairs and expenses to be ours. [one way street, going the wrong way] We dropped our price by 10K and got quite a bit of interest in it. The first serious buyer, bought it. Anyway, I sure hope you sell your house. For us having two houses, especially at the distance of 900 miles, had some stress factor. Much happier now.
Bob,
Confirm for me that I have this correct.

The flipper wanted to have you do all the needed work you'd normally expect a flipper to do, and then he'd sell it for the profit?

I want to know if that ever works. If so, I've found a new career,

Ken
Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #638
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Bob,
Confirm for me that I have this correct.

The flipper wanted to have you do all the needed work you'd normally expect a flipper to do, and then he'd sell it for the profit?

I want to know if that ever works. If so, I've found a new career,

Ken
Hi, Ken; That's exactly it. The flipper low balled the price, on the proposed contract every check mark was on the seller's responsibility box, flipper had his own inspector, and flipper had his own escrow company. I'm sure he gets one here and there, but not mine.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #639
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I might hear how this is going late today as the prospective buyer will be there with his kid and the kid's spouse. Our realtor automatically becomes a neutral transaction broker when a buyer comes to her, but we've worked with her before and it is hard for her not to be more on our side than his. This is a reality of human nature that rules and regulations have a hard time changing.

It would be a great birthday present for me if we can get a deal agreed upon today (yes that day is here again and when I see my age I can't believe it).

Lynn, send them here fast! Good to hear you've got the CG on the market as I know that has been a thought for a long time. Hope you can really retire soon and both of you are in good health.

Bob and Ken, yes I want a part of a business too where the seller pays for all the improvements and I get to sell it at a much higher price. We could call the business it a Wall St. bank and sell investment rated bonds too.

One irony in this is that 2 years ago someone was willing to pay, sight unseen, $5 K less than this buyer offered. Maybe he was a flipper. We had a higher price then, one that realtors told me was a good price, and I didn't bite at the offer. I wish I had known the future, a wish I have often had.

My back and leg keep getting better little by little—4 weeks Monday. A new study shows some people heal vastly faster than others depending on 3 proteins some have a lot of, some have less of. This is regardless of general health, exercise or anything else, though taking care of yourself helps too. I guess I'm on the better side of that. My leg is still showing weakness and pain, but it lessens and my guess it will take another month before it is not an issue. I continue to strengthen it on the treadmill.

In weather news, been in the 30's in the morning, ice on deck 2 mornings ago, sleet the morning before and snow on the mountains above 9,000'. Aspens are changing, a little late, but we had a heat wave a week ago. Looks like cloudless blue skies for the next few days (nice weather for a 2nd showing with apricot trees red and aspens gold around the house).

I'm hoping to next year start a new thread, jumping from 2012 t0 2015, and document travels.

Gene
Old 10-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #640

Quote:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'm hoping to next year start a new thread, jumping from 2012 t0 2015, and document travels.

Gene
Just switch the digits around and make it 2051. That way it will last until were both 108. We can throw a big party when you start the next one. We'll invite Bob, even though he'll still be just a kid.

Happy Birthday,
I'm pretty sure we were both born in the same year
Ken
Old 10-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #641
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Just switch the digits around and make it 2051. That way it will last until were both 108. We can throw a big party when you start the next one. We'll invite Bob, even though he'll still be just a kid.

Happy Birthday,
I'm pretty sure we were both born in the same year
Ken
Ken,

Wrong. You are just a kid and a disobedient one at that. Obey your elder!

I think you mean Bob of Buffalo, not Bob, newly of Salem. I believe BB's birthday is in a few days as is Lewster's.

Happy birthday all Octoberites, especially the left handed ones.

Gene
Old 10-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #642

Quote:
Ken,

Wrong. You are just a kid and a disobedient one at that. Obey your elder!

I think you mean Bob of Buffalo, not Bob, newly of Salem. I believe BB's birthday is in a few days as is Lewster's.

Happy birthday all Octoberites, especially the left handed ones.

Gene
Well, Bob of Salem's profile says he is 68. My profile says correctly that I am 71 (that happened in June). When I was 3 and already potty trained, Bob was just getting born.

I know you and I are only months apart, but I not sure who is the eldest. I though it was me, but I guess if you say so, you can be the old fart. I will be the middle fart. Bob is so young, it may not be safe for him to fart.

Ken
Old 10-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #643
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I find it hard to write my age because it makes me even more loony—74 today. I feel better than in years because of the surgical fix.

The power went off at 6 pm. We got an informal offer at 6:03 (thanks to battery power). I accepted informally at 6:05. It is too low and I'm sure the buyer is just as unhappy. So are deals made.

We are giving him some furniture, so we'll get a better and newer sofa and matching chair and Barb doesn't need the super desk she bought years ago and we know it would be very, very hard to get it out of the basement.

Now we wait for inspection, final loan approval and appraisal. All those are nail biters too.

Now to read the formal offer which I can't print and if I could, couldn't see very well.

A good birthday, but we only have guacamole and birthday cake, but dinner wasn't made and the stove and oven are electric. We may have to go to town for more.

Another crazy day unfolds.

Gene
Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #644
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like it's close, tho, Gene. Hallelujah.

But don't celebrate til it's a sealed deal....bad karma.

Happy Birthday!

Maggie