Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #393
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
They're about 15 minutes away. I've vacuumed several times, turned on all the lights so the house looks bright, have a fire in the wood stove, used a candle to eliminate any odors. Barb took our friends and their dog to a gallery (the dog will lick you to death).

Gene
'Death by dog-lick'! What a way to go. Yikes!

What do you do when people come to look? Ask them if they want you to accompany them, or leave them alone on their tour, or...?

If you have done up a room by room document on the home, my personal preference would be to let me look alone then come to you with questions when I'm done.

But they might have already gone through. Good vibrations to you!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #394
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I get nervous about leaving them alone with my wife's jewelry box among other things. Realtors usually follow to make sure someone isn't taking something. I will try to be semi-invisible, but be there to answer questions. I keep hearing a car coming up the driveway, but no one is there—minutes away.

Gene

Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #395
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
The showing took 2+ hours and I gave them a bunch of required disclosures and other information. I think it went very well and the wife said she loves the house. We discussed shopping, doctors, hospitals, broadband access and all sorts of other things. She flies back to N. Eng. tomorrow and then talks to her husband.

Sitting on puns and noodles now (much softer sitting arrangement).

Gene
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #396
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
The showing took 2+ hours and I gave them a bunch of required disclosures and other information. I think it went very well and the wife said she loves the house. We discussed shopping, doctors, hospitals, broadband access and all sorts of other things. She flies back to N. Eng. tomorrow and then talks to her husband.

Gene
I think the discussion about the local area was a good idea. I just hope you didn't tell her about the local cat houses.

Hope it turns out well.

Ken
Old 01-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #397
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:

Gene
Mmmmmm, sounds very promising,

Fingers crossed. Keep us posted.

Maggie.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #398
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Someone called yesterday from the foot of our driveway and wanted to see the house. I think they had been looking at it on a website. So we had another showing. It went well, but they called last night and said they wanted more water for irrigation or horses—I'm not sure. Most people never let you know anything; these were considerate people.

We've been hearing for months the housing market is picking up and we are starting to see signs of it. It makes sense to buy now before prices start going up in late spring and we hope others think the same way.

If I start thinking about the people from N. Eng., I can't do anything else but sit by the phone and check my e-mail every 5 minutes. It has finally gotten warm enough to change the oil (both Toyotas need it) and put some preservative on the new front steps, but I just want to stare at the phone. I'm also thinking about strategies to tie up the other house we are interested in.

A watched phone never rings.

Gene
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #399
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:

If I start thinking about the people from N. Eng., I can't do anything else but sit by the phone and check my e-mail every 5 minutes. ..........I just want to stare at the phone. A watched phone never rings.

Gene
giggle, giggle.

Good luck! I would think they would want to snap up a house they love, before someone else takes it out from under them.

Fingers crossed (I know this is helping).

Maggie
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #400

Quote:

.................................................. ..........

If I start thinking about the people from N. Eng., I can't do anything else but sit by the phone and check my e-mail every 5 minutes.

Disabling flash
A watched phone never rings.

Gene
I feel the same way every morning after the Powerball and Mega Millions drawings. I'm guessing you have a better chance of success though.

Ken
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #401
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
We're still waiting to hear from the woman who was here last week. Our past contacts showed they wait for a while before they make decisions, so this may not mean anything, but we start having dark thoughts by now. If the husband comes out, he kept saying he was extremely busy and I imagine they try to find reasonable airfares too (pretty hard to do to Grand Junction).

You may have noticed "Crawford" is gone from my Forum name. By removing the town near us we create cosmic energy to sell the house faster. I looked up the person who used "Gene" and he posted once 10 years ago, so I asked to have the name. They don't usually retire a name, but this was 10 years ago, so it is done. Not a bad idea to retire names after 10 years or less since people start coming up with stranger and more impossible to remember names after all this time as easier ones get adopted, but never used. If you look at the members' list, many of them never posted and many more only a few times. Some lurk, but I suspect others stopped lurking after a while. I had thought about this for a while but when "Rednax" became "slowmover" I decided the time had come.

Rained a lot yesterday—maybe half a day. Not only is a long, steady rain unusual here, but rain in January is something I never saw for decades in Colorado. Now it happens every year or two. The 4 or 5" of snow remaining is now soaked with water and will probably turn into concrete like ice just like I remember from living in the northeast. Bring back the powder!

Gene
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #402
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Maybe they're trying to get financing arranged.

Fingers are still crossed, although starting to cramp a bit.

Maggie
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #403

Maybe I started a name changing trend. I like your new short one better.
You know you're important when you can use just one name. You're just like a rock star.

I wish we could get some of that rain over here. It as dry as a tinder box. The east face of Longs Peak looks like mid summer.

Ken
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #404
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
GeneralDisarray started it some time ago when he became Boondocker, but we don't hear from him much anymore. Must be too busy teaching. Gene is shorter than Madonna, so I must be even more important.

I was told the people had been preapproved, but I didn't ask for a letter proving it. If I get another interested buyer, I'll find out soon enough how approved they are. When people showed up the next day I had dreams of a bidding war, but it didn't work out that way.

Gene
Old 01-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #405
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Congratulations on the "new" name, Gene. It's certainly easier to write than CrawfordGene was.

I know what you mean about strange names. People ask about mine and when I tell them it's my real first name, they often ask how it's pronounced. Of course, I tell them it's pronounced just the way it's spelled, if you are Danish.

I was going to ask for mine to be changed to "Cosmic Energy", but I think you have taken that one off the table.

Nevertheless, still hoping that you get your Dream Offer soon on the house, and that it goes through smoothly.

Med venlig hilsen,
Aage
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #406
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
I was going to ask for mine to be changed to "Cosmic Energy", but I think you have taken that one off the table.

Med venlig hilsen,
Aage
You can use Cosmic Energy anytime, though I like Aage.

As for "Med venlig hilsen", that's easy to understand: Take your vein meds on the hill. I guess it is hypertension medicine.

Gene