Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #351
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Phoenix , Arizona
Gene, gotta say I really enjoyed your narration of the trip and how things change year to year. As I read I'm thinking if this guy has been doing this for years and has so much over me, how do I think I'm going to pull this off??? I'm always up for a challenge so we'll see. I'm still on the initial 'getting it in basic travel ready condtion' page. I can only hope to make my recollections half as interesting as yours. Good luck on selling the house.

Cheryl

Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #352
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlscan2 View Post
Gene, gotta say I really enjoyed your narration of the trip and how things change year to year. As I read I'm thinking if this guy has been doing this for years and has so much over me, how do I think I'm going to pull this off??? I'm always up for a challenge so we'll see. I'm still on the initial 'getting it in basic travel ready condtion' page. I can only hope to make my recollections half as interesting as yours. Good luck on selling the house.

Cheryl
You are looking at it all wrong.

You should be thinking, "If this old guy can pull it off, I'm sure I can."

Ken

Old 11-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Cheryl,

Everyone starts at the start, makes mistakes, has victories, learns, makes more mistakes, and posts on the Forum a little or a lot. We've been doing the Airstream thing for 5 years. That's not all that long. When we bought the trailer, we were newbies and now we are still learning and making mistakes. If you can master nursing and restore furniture, this should be easy.

Gene
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #354
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
It is happening as we speak. Implementation is underway now for arrival routes into Denver area airports that are based on satellite navigation rather than ground based radio aids.

I imagine that the ground based Navaids will be around for a while to support the smaller aircraft and for emergency backup.

Ken
Learning to read one of these was a teenage pleasure. First via (departed) Dad, and now via son.

Mormon Mesa

Sectional charts have interesting things on them ordinary road atlases never show. A true virtual world. Ask a local pilot for one for where your home is located. You'll find or confirm all sorts of stuff.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX View Post
Learning to read one of these was a teenage pleasure. First via (departed) Dad, and now via son.

Mormon Mesa

Sectional charts have interesting things on them ordinary road atlases never show. A true virtual world. Ask a local pilot for one for where your home is located. You'll find or confirm all sorts of stuff.
Here is one in smaller scale that you can slew around with the mouse.

VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Ken
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #356
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Thanks REDNAX & Ken, now I have yet another reason to spend MORE time on the computer!

Terry

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelegood View Post
Thanks REDNAX & Ken, now I have yet another reason to spend MORE time on the computer!

Terry
Here is the help page for VFRmap

VFRMAP - Help

Ken
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #358
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Phoenix , Arizona
Ken, I go at it with the "I can do anything" attitude. Then I read all these posts with information that is way over my head and rethink my abilities. The whole hitch thing has me in a tailspin, just over how many washers I'll have to figure out to use

Gene, nursing and furniture restoring seem a piece of cake compared with this new life addiction. I've started doing a few interior repairs on the AS as well as my vintage trailer. That seems a lot like furniture restoration projects I can handle.

I'll get there; Thanks much for the encouragement.
Cheryl
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #359
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Cheryl, I've done some furniture restoration, but I'll leave the nursing to others. You'll figure it out.

Map guys, I love maps too, but the thought or more maps to play with scares me. Maybe it is because I have to get the house back on the internet and that was a really major pain last time I did it. Still haven't washed the trailer and truck, nor have I cut more firewood. But I am keeping up on the Forum.

Gene
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #360
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Concur about aeronautical charts. The secret world in a pilot's flight bag is a treasure trove to this aviation geek. A lot will be lost when they go electronic.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #361
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
House listing is difficult again. The state real estate commission seems to want to make it hard to list it yourself and, of course, the commission is controlled by realtors.

I have it on Loghomes.com and ForSaleByOwner.com, but getting it on MLS and Realtor.com is proving difficult. The outfit that was supposed to put it on those websites wants me to sign a contract that I will have to pay them extra for reviews of any offers and to look over the HUD Settlement statement. The reviews are open ended and they could claim unlimited hours at $100/hour. I have decided to not list with that outfit and have contracted a realtor who I know well about limited services. He's never done that, so we'll see how that works out.

Gene
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Still haven't washed the trailer and truck, nor have I cut more firewood. But I am keeping up on the Forum.

Gene
Hi, same here. I haven't washed my Lincoln or trailer yet and I'm trying to keep up with the forum. What's cutting firewood? Is that something like turning on the natural gas furnace?

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, same here. I haven't washed my Lincoln or trailer yet and I'm trying to keep up with the forum. What's cutting firewood? Is that something like turning on the natural gas furnace?
Bob,

This year we got a bumper crop on our Japanese orange tree. We started eating a while before we decided to count. However there were more than 2 dozen oranges on our 3 foot tall ( including the pot*) tree.

Ken

P.S. I don't know much about it, but cutting firewood is something my wife does. I do know she likes playing with the chain saw. That's one of the many reasons, I don't smart off to her.

* pot means that it is a potted tree, not that it is growing in our pot patch.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #364
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Bob,

This year we got a bumper crop on our Japanese orange tree. We started eating a while before we decided to count. However there were more than 2 dozen oranges on our 3 foot tall ( including the pot*) tree.

Ken

P.S. I don't know much about it, but cutting firewood is something my wife does. I do know she likes playing with the chain saw. That's one of the many reasons, I don't smart off to her.

* pot means that it is a potted tree, not that it is growing in our pot patch.

Hi, Ken. That's a lot of oranges for a 3' tree. The Christmas tree in my back yard was potted for two years before I planted it. [we don't have a chain saw]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5384.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	173473  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote