Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #197
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Yes, the municipal campground has wifi, a dozen or more RV sites and a total of 40 including tents. Seniors are $10. Some friends use it every year with their Class C. It is just east of downtown and easy to find.

Gene

Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
When we washed and polished the trailer several weeks ago, the dust came a few days later. Then the rain—about 10 or 20 drops per square foot in about 30 seconds. This was just enough to look awful. We had washed both Toyotas and they were well spotted. That was the only rain we've had in 2 or 3 months. It is scary dry here.

Yesterday I rinsed off the Airstream and wiped it down. The rear end cap has 3 panels—one of the side panels has corrosion along the lower edge. This may be from when the workers drag the panels across the floor to make sure the clear coat is worn off. I'll have to check the others and then treat and clear coat it.

I sealed the bathroom fan and no more leaks. I had a 2 year old tube of Sikaflex and worked the plug out and managed to get just enough unsolidified goop to seal it. The water heater contacts have been sanded lightly and sprayed with WD-40. A few other things dealt with. Next trip is to Santa Fe at the end of the month to check out things and get out of town.

The people who were so interested in our house are still on hold as one recovers from an accident. I have hopes, but they get smaller every day. We do have a realtor house tour next week and maybe that will help. The realtor who is organizing the tour owes me on some favors I've done, maybe that will help.

Gene

Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #199
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Gene,

Check this stuff out for your AS tool kit.

Great for electrical connection's,(7-way), and lot's of other stuff too...

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #200
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
We leave for Santa Fe tomorrow to enjoy ourselves and check out real estate there as well as storage units and other not too interesting stuff. Maybe I'll remember to take photos there. We've been there so many times over the years, we forget about cameras.

Our bedroom Fantastic Fan won't close automatically and the Pop'n'Lock screens are warped allowing bugs to get in with the fan I reversed to blow in. I looked up the warranty and it is only two years on the fan, so I called them to see what they would do after 4 1/2 years. I explained the problem and the guy I talked to said it was the circuit board and he said he'd send me the parts to fix it ($100 kit) for free and two new screens for shipping only—$15. A good day on the phone.

The house tour was a bust—the realtors who were on the tour all had seen the house 2 years ago and didn't want to come back. The realtor who organized the tour was unhappy and came the next day to see it. That was another good day. She sells a lot of property around here and now is aware of our house; she's not one of those who only show houses listed by other realtors. The prospects from New England are questionable—the one with serious injuries from an accident still has problems and they say they are still interested. Someone called whose house was burned down in the fire near Ft. Collins is looking for another log home and maybe we'll hear from him again. The listings run out in late Oct. and we're thinking of letting it lapse for a while and taking a long trip if we haven't sold it by then. I want to go to the Pacific Northwest, but the weather can be pretty awful that time of year, but after 3 months without any rain, I would welcome to sight of water falling out of the sky. It is 93.9˚ with 11% humidity. We rarely see temps over 90˚, but they are starting to stack up and this is highest so far this year.

Four young bucks (deer variety) have been stopping in front of the house for the past few days to munch on our very dry and stunted grasses. They are all in velvet, look about 2 years old. Today a couple of does were with them, so they haven't entirely separated from the mothers. As they get older they will stay alone especially as rutting season approaches—except to fight. They will bulk up and their necks get much bigger than they are now. Photos below.

Gene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer 1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	161663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer 2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	161664  

Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #201
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Arrived in Santa Fe this afternoon. People complaining about the heat here too. It was 97˚—very high for here. In Espanola, north of here about 30 miles, it was 102˚.

All is well except the Sony radio isn't playing the TV sound. I couldn't figure that out and don't care that much since the TV has speakers too. Maybe I'll solve it tomorrow.

Gene
Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #202
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Arrived in Santa Fe this afternoon. People complaining about the heat here too. It was 97˚—very high for here. In Espanola, north of here about 30 miles, it was 102˚.

All is well except the Sony radio isn't playing the TV sound. I couldn't figure that out and don't care that much since the TV has speakers too. Maybe I'll solve it tomorrow.

Gene
Aren't they FUN...always something.

Fantastic Vent is one of the best.

Bit of a heat wave here too...but it's over, 62* this morning.

Enjoy your excursion.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #203
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
lubbock , Texas
Quote:

Gene
gene
didn't know you were in n.m. i see your in santa fe. nice area. i might suggest you head over to red river nm. i really like that place. been up there several times camping and fishing. there are some good camp grounds there also. i have a friend up there now that's a camp host. have a good time an stay away from the heat..

t
Old 06-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #204
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yikes, stripes! That is hot for Santa Fe! Last week I drove the MG down there and thought it was too hot then. Maybe it'll be the Honda on the next time down!

Lynn

Quote:

Gene
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #205
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I have consistently forgotten to bring the camera every time we have gone out. We have shopped for food items we can't get easily where we live, looked at various areas around the city that we weren't familiar with (Madrid, Cerillos, road to ski area) and had breakfast with our realtor here. We talked mostly about her trip to Perú, much more fun than talking about real estate.

We've got a list of properties to look at that we culled from a much longer list she sent us. Not sure right now whether we are going with her or not. She seems to be overwhelmed with catching up after her vacation.

Temperatures have moderated a little, but not much—low 90's. Makes me want to sleep instead of wanting to find out why the TV doesn't play through the sound system. It works the other way—a DVD works fine. And the bedroom TV works too—now while I contemplate getting out of bed I can watch cable news if it doesn't put me back to sleep.

Gene
Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #206
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Gene, I'm going to stop by Trailer Ranch for a brief visit this afternoon on my way to the "other place." If you're out running around, no great tragedy, but if you're there, I'll say hi.

Lynn
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #207
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Gene, have you considered renting it out for a few years until the market improves?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #208
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Lynn, we are right in front. There are also two Bambis and an Airstream MH. We may out looking at properties; hope we don't miss you.

Aage, we don't want to manage property from 340 miles away, the house won't show as well, and the rental market for a retirement/vacation type home is limited, very limited, where we are. It is an idea we thought about, but it is unlikely to work for us. You may want to buy it. Plenty of parking space for Henri, you can work on it and a 30 amp plug is available. Enough parking you could hold your own rallies here.

Gene
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #209
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
No problem if you and Barb are not there, Gene! Go look at those properties. (I keep on telling you: Look in Eldorado!) I just want to drop by to check in with the folks at the office for my stay later.

Lynn
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #210
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Lynn stopped by before we left for another look at houses and towns in the area. It was good to see him again; last time was at the Balloon Fiesta.

Drove all over the place and it's all a blur now. Forgot the camera again.

Gene