Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Thanks to waltb who sent me a PM explaining some things about iPhoto and right clicking. Using the File popdown menu option, "export" appears. I looked at that and thought (not much thought involved really) "export where?" If I had clicked on it, I would have found I could make the photos small, medium or large, change quality and export to desktop or other places. A lesson in what frustration does to the "thinking" process. Most of what I've learned about computers has come from experimenting and using intuition, but I failed at that this time. Once again the Forum solves a problem. Of course, I could have read the book I got when I bought this laptop.

This is the easiest way and means I should not have to e-mail to me, although I like to get mail.

Next, I have discovered that the photos I e-mailed as "small" cannot be blown up on the Forum, but the ones I sent to me as "medium" can. So, now having exported the antelope photo via the way suggested by Walt in medium format, I will post that photo again and see if it can be blown up by clicking on it. They were about a football field away and I used a 250 mm. lens, but I was told that a 250 mm. lens on a digital camera equals a 500 mm. lens on a film camera. I don't understand it unless the electronics double the optics.

I also tried "large" size, but that would not post. Medium does and will blow up.

Gene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	140541  

Old 09-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, the main thing I want with my pictures is the highest quality possible from my camera and to be able to resize some of them for posting without losing the original. My system allows me to change pixels or percentage. I reduce mine to 50% for posting and to 25% when using a weak campground WIFI. I also rename each picture that I change as [example photo number] 4556 = original, 4556RS = resized to 50%, 4556-25 = resized to 25%, and 4556crop = pictures that I cropped. For me, it's an easier way to find these pictures for posting.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Bob, now that I used the export function, I can resize and also change picture quality. The default for export quality is medium rather than a higher quality, so I should try to change that and see what it does, but the photos are good enough for this purpose. Of course, like most people, the photos just collect on the computer and never get printed. I bought a Canon printer that just prints photos, but haven't figured put how to use that yet.

Now that I figured out what size to use so that the photos could be blown up, I see they don't get as big as when I used the old camera. The problem with the new camera is that it exceeds what I really need for snapshots.

Gene
Old 09-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #158
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Thanks for all the trouble on the photo's. As always, wish I was there!
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #159
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Now we are getting ready for the next trip, to Pueblo for my father-in-law's 86th birthday and then to the Balloon Fiesta. We washed and waxed the Safari yesterday so we won't be embarrassed amongst 100 Airstreams. The truck gets washed today. Every time I wash the trailer, I find more scratches—there were some on the top of the end caps, probably some low branches at some campground.

I fixed the furnace yesterday. I found if the registers under the dinette and in the hallway are open, the furnace works a lot better. I replaced the OEM ones about a year ago with ones that open and close so I could close off the one in the bedroom. They also match the decor better since they are brown, not white. Somehow they were closed and both of us deny doing it. Of course, I know I didn't do it, so it is either space aliens or Barb who did it.

Be prepared for more balloon photos than you believed could be taken.

And last night this thing about the size of a bus fell out of the sky and landed here. Missed the trailer, house, truck, but sure dug a big hole. I'll have to take photos, but it is too hot to get close to. Maybe the space aliens that close heat registers are involved.

Gene
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #160
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
How much are you charging to view the hole????
To heck with the balloon thing, we are going to your yard.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Now we are getting ready for the next trip, to Pueblo for my father-in-law's 86th birthday and then to the Balloon Fiesta. We washed and waxed the Safari yesterday so we won't be embarrassed amongst 100 Airstreams. The truck gets washed today. Every time I wash the trailer, I find more scratches—there were some on the top of the end caps, probably some low branches at some campground.

I fixed the furnace yesterday. I found if the registers under the dinette and in the hallway are open, the furnace works a lot better. I replaced the OEM ones about a year ago with ones that open and close so I could close off the one in the bedroom. They also match the decor better since they are brown, not white. Somehow they were closed and both of us deny doing it. Of course, I know I didn't do it, so it is either space aliens or Barb who did it.

Be prepared for more balloon photos than you believed could be taken.

And last night this thing about the size of a bus fell out of the sky and landed here. Missed the trailer, house, truck, but sure dug a big hole. I'll have to take photos, but it is too hot to get close to. Maybe the space aliens that close heat registers are involved.

Gene
Old 09-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:

Gene
If they crawl out of that hole offer them a ride to the balloon fest, in exchange for the wreckage. They are going to need a ride to somewhere, and a way to go up-up and away! It would be a good project. You might be able to add new axles, replace a few rivets, patch up the aluminum skin, replace the broken plywood subfloor, and be ready to go. That could be the very first real Air-trailer or Air-moho!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
It seems the space aliens had inhabited the NASA satellite as a low rent apartment, but they couldn't understand how to fly it, so it crashed. NASA has tried to keep this quiet. The space aliens and I are working on a contract specifying ownership and how we split the revenue from displaying it. The aliens now want to live in our Airstream since it looks familiar. Negotiations are difficult since they have particle beam weapons. They have promised me that I will be overlord of Colorado and NM once the rest of the fleet arrives. I will try to trade chocolate chip cookies for the weapons since they really like chocolate. It is hard to know which head to talk too and they are very sensitive about this.

Gene
Old 09-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #163
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
"Up On Cripple Creek" by The Band. A fine song. Your trip reporting and pictures are good. Thanks
Road Jager
Old 09-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #164
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Gene, if you were from the South, you could just say "y'all" a lot. Then, if there were more than one of them to talk to, you could use the plural form, "all y'all".

Don't know how you Coloradicans can handle it, though.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Pat, I thought it was "youse'll" for the plural, or maybe that's in south Brooklyn.

Not Coloradicans, Coloradoans or Coloradans. Given the origin of the word, maybe it should be Coloraditos and Coloraditas.

Truck washed and vacuumed, some things packed, moving along. A leaky faucet in the house is driving me nuts and wasting time as I can't find the right o-ring. Washers were so much easier than these cartridges with o-rings. O-rings come in sizes almost indistinguishable except to a faucet. Maybe it is the cartridge except a much larger o-ring stops the leak and most of the water flow when the faucet is turned on. I'll never make the mistake of buying a Price Pfister plumbing fixture again—I've had trouble for years with a shower valve cartridge of theirs. Despite a supposed lifetime warranty, they can't send me the right cartridge for that and by now I've given up. A rant can be so satisfying.

What happened to the space aliens and the big bus sized object? Chocolate chip cookies proved fatal to them and now I have the particle beam weapons. The mother ship used a tractor beam to take the NASA satellite away. Just another few days out in rural America.

Gene
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #166
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
We left home today, but not until I had to deal with a plumbing problem this morning. The water pressure starting dropping a lot while I was taking a shower. Finished that fast, got dressed and started checking the pump, pressure switch, pressure tank, filter and how much water storage we had. By then pressure had dropped to 10 lbs. and I had to operate the pump manually, but it wouldn't pressurize the pressure tank. I tried to bleed off any air in the system to mske sure it wasn't air bound, but that wasn't the problem. I used a compressor to bring up pressure enough to get the pump to work automatically (it cuts off at 20 lbs. so it won't run continuously and burn out). It built up pressure very slowly, but I finally got the system fully pressurized. I talked this over with a plumber and we discussed several possibilities such as blowing out the water line between storage and house—that can't be cheap. He'll check it out when we get home. This endeavor included walking up and downhill from the shop to the house several times—at least a half mile total. I have also had a leaky bathroom sink faucet and I have to find a new cartridge for it. I made the mistake of buying some Price Pfister fixtures and the cartridges are terrible and only last short times. The plumbing gods have not been good to me lately.

While I fought this, Barb ended up doing all the final packing of the trailer and we finally left at 12:45 and arrived in Pueblo 3 hours late. Her parents had pizza waiting and birthday cake for us and we inhaled the food.

The drive was beautiful. The trees are changing. Aspen is gold, and all sorts of fall colors from the other trees and brush. Colo. 92 from Crawford to Blue Mesa Reservoir is not a well known highway, but a spectacular drive along the Black Canyon with the trees and brush in fall colors. We've driven this road countless times—it is slow and winding much of the way—and don't notice the beauty any more, but with the colors, and even though already tired and frustrated, it was hard to ignore. I thought of taking photos, but we were so late I didn't stop.

We'll be going to Albuquerque Thursday and the Balloon Fiesta Friday. I will meet all sorts of people who I only know from the Forum and try to match names, Forum names and faces. They will probably all have grey hair and look the same after a while. And all their trailers will look a lot alike too. This is where I expect beer will help, but since I hardly ever drink anymore, 2 beers and I start saying things I shouldn't. I do have considerable experience with beer, but now I'm just like a tipsy schoolgirl.

Gene
Old 09-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
We'll be going to Albuquerque Thursday and the Balloon Fiesta Friday. I will meet all sorts of people who I only know from the Forum and try to match names, Forum names and faces. They will probably all have grey hair and look the same after a while. And all their trailers will look a lot alike too. This is where I expect beer will help, but since I hardly ever drink anymore, 2 beers and I start saying things I shouldn't. I do have considerable experience with beer, but now I'm just like a tipsy schoolgirl.

Gene
Hi, it was only a few years back when we went to the Balloon Fiesta and I don't remember any gray haired people. [hair can be colored] Although many of the trailers look similar, I don't think there was any two the same. [more Airstreams this year] Name tags with forum names would be nice. I'm one to forget names almost before they finish telling me, But we had some great times there and there are several people who we will never forget. Ken, Richard & Jan, Louis & Sergio, And Mike to name a few. Oh, and there was Bob & Lou there; I thought it was a misspelling and should have said Bob & Lee.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	220.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	141171   Click image for larger version

Name:	4463.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	141172  

Name:	261.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	141173   Click image for larger version

Name:	263.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	141174  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks for the pictures, Gene. Looks like you had a good trip.

Any nibbles on your house and property?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Maggie