Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #861
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Road Trips

Heh, I’ve managed to put myself in a position to totally avoid crowds for a few months. Took a hard fall and broke my right ankle in three places. Took full-up surgery to put it all back together, and I’ll be hobbling around on the ground floor at home for about 6-8 weeks at least.

Slipped and fell on our hill on the back yard looking for our lost dog. Sigh. Used to be young and foolish, now I’m no longer young.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4375.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	363097

Can’t put any weight on it, but at least it’s straight again....and we got the dog back. I’ll spare you all the first picture showing the dislocation. Good thing I work from home.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #862
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I know about no longer being "young and foolish". Last year I was up on an embankment about 10 feet high and thought I could easily walk down the very steep side and stop before I ran into the truck. I couldn't control my formerly strong legs and ran right into the truck bed and found myself looking up at the truck and seeing stars. No damage except to my ego.

We are now only going out for groceries and medical needs (we see a lot of doctors). We miss our friends, but it takes a lot to protect yourself. We can't be sure friends are as careful as we are trying to be. Alcohol wipes and avoiding people and doorknobs and all the rest is very hard to get used to. Not a good life and since the virus is all over the US and Canada, it will spread fast, double frequently and it may be about two to three weeks to being like Italy. Seems like entire regions need to be quarantined and most things closed, but no one has the courage to order it. The Chinese have done considerable work to prevent the spread of the virus and it has slowed considerably China is a total surveillance state with a very large police force, so they can get away with what they have done, but as ugly as their government is, it has worked in this instance. Here, few tests available, lies being told for political reasons and supplies are short. Too many are avoiding telling the truth about this danger.

Keep yourselves safe and it will not be easy,

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote