Road Trip-A MeanderAcross the Northern & Middle America
We're in the early stages of planning a trip from Vancouver, WA across the northern US to Bemidiji, MN, south to Omaha, then turning west across middle America (more or less) and back to Vancouver.
Here's the rough plan:
(1) Vancouver to Spokane via WA14 and US 395 to Spokane
(2) Spokane to Bemidiji via US 2
(3) Bemidiji to Omaha via US 71
(4) Omaha to Columbus & St. Edwards, NE (my wife wants to see the old homestead in St.Ed) via several different highways, working north to Neligh, NE to pick up US 20.
(5) Then US 20 west through Yellowstone to Boise to pick up I-84 back to Portland and Vancouver. We plan to avoid the interstate system except for this last stretch that goes thru the Columbia Gorge (too beautiful to miss).
We're not locked into a specific timeframe for this trip other than probably late spring or early fall next year. Nor are we limited to a certain number of days.
If you've traveled any of these stretches, we'd like to hear about your favorite RV parks and/or sights to see along the way.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Jim & Kathy Williams
1999 27' Safari (Bertha)
2013 Ford F-150 (Fred) V-6 Eco Boost