Old 12-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
Hi Mike, that's the Hobo Rally located at the fairgrounds in Blythe, Ca. about 20 miles west of Quartzsite.
Bob---I am aware of the Hobo Rally but the Blugrass festival has nothing to do with WBCCI. I have attended it the past 3 years and a row and plan to go again this year. It is held at the same place but at different dates. The Music festival is held the weekend of Jan 19-20-21 at the fairgrounds outside of Blyth. It is put on by the Southern Calif. Bluegrass Assoc. In the past this was the same weekend the big RV show is held in Quartzsite. Don't have the dates for the Hobo Rally but it is a different event.

The Airstream gathering I heard about is neither one either. It was my understanding that a group of vintage Airstreamers met and camped together every year south and east of Quartzsite out on BlM land. I was given directions to it but didn't want to drag my new trailer out there as it was quit some distance over a rough road. This had nothing to do with the Hobo Rally either. pieman

Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
Bob---I am aware of the Hobo Rally but the Blugrass festival has nothing to do with WBCCI. I have attended it the past 3 years and a row and plan to go again this year. It is held at the same place but at different dates. The Music festival is held the weekend of Jan 19-20-21 at the fairgrounds outside of Blyth. It is put on by the Southern Calif. Bluegrass Assoc. In the past this was the same weekend the big RV show is held in Quartzsite. Don't have the dates for the Hobo Rally but it is a different event.

The Airstream gathering I heard about is neither one either. It was my understanding that a group of vintage Airstreamers met and camped together every year south and east of Quartzsite out on BlM land. I was given directions to it but didn't want to drag my new trailer out there as it was quit some distance over a rough road. This had nothing to do with the Hobo Rally either. pieman
OK Mike, I think I understand your question now. In the past years there has been a "gathering of friends" near Quartzsite and prior to the Hobo Rally. Members of El Camino Real have attended and this unit is Vintage heavy, there have also been members of Northern California Unit (I don't know if they are Vintage heavy or not). I believe that this gathering has been somewhat organized by either Nor Cal or ECR in the past. There was some discussion about this event at the last ECR rally and I believe that Nor Cal was putting it together. Perhaps this is what you have heard about.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #17
HHP
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Yucca Valley , California
This book has lots of info on the event, with maps...

Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #18
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I had to go to Parker today at work. On my return trip I went through Quartzsite. Most of the open parking type places (edge of town) are around 10% to 20% full (rough quess), but there was a steady stream of RVers heading into town from several directions. After the first of the year I never go that route.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Collettsville , North Carolina
Who else is going to Q?
mtnman