Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys
I had never been there before. But for years I have wanted to stop at a White Castle. We do not have them in my area. My wife always said NO when we had been in Ohio. Well today I was solo in Ohio. So I made it happen. Checking it off my list.

Ace in PA

I see you're checking it off the list without commenting on the finer culinary experience that White Castle offers. I can also tell that you took this photo prior to eating, because your vents are still closed.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
I see you're checking it off the list without commenting on the finer culinary experience that White Castle offers. I can also tell that you took this photo prior to eating, because your vents are still closed.

Wow You are good at reading between the lines

Ace

Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #73
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
For those in the Northwest, try the Freeway Tavern in Butte, Montana. Its off I-90 at the Montana Street exit, go south to the next light and its on the west side of the odd little intersection with Josette street. It used to be an Evel Knievel hangout, and has some memorabilia, but the Wop Chop sandwich is worth it. An old fashioned deep fried pork chop sandwich with the fixings, and fries or jo-jo potatoes... good bargain too. You get your money's worth. There is room to maneuver a trailer easily, a stop light to get back on the road, and an exxon and conoco station right there. And if you miss the lot, further down josette is a small grassy park along the railroad tracks next to the old Milwaukee tracks, and another along the interstate. Just dont park in front of the fire station... LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
The cheese enchiladas with two over easy eggs on top at the Village Grill in Moriarty, NM are an all time favorite for me.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
My wife and I watch what we eat except when we camp. No eating rules during camping. We mix it up so there is not a standard. I know we make Giada delaurentis sandwich. It is a meat loaf that is wrapped in an italian bacon placed on a bread with an green sauce. All I know is my wife makes about 20 of them and they are snacks for the road. I usually consume 5 of them before we even get out of Atlanta

Brian
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #76
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
My wife and I watch what we eat except when we camp.
If only I could be that way. I'm diabetic, and my ambition is to survive long enough to one day become the world's oldest living diabetic. That means watching what I eat, all the time.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Erick,

Donít know about the food as Iíve never been to the FREEWAY TAVERN in Butte, Montana but I can verify part of the story.

The week before Evel Knievel failed to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho, he cleared 13 Mack trucks in front of a sold out crowd of 21,000 at the Canadian National Exhibition grandstand in Toronto. I had arranged for the appearance.

Knievel managed his own affairs but I tracked him down to the Freeway, where the bartender screened his calls.

After several calls from his watering hole office, Knievel flew to Toronto in a borrowed private jet and had me meet him with the limousine that took us to the Exhibition grounds for the contract signing.

Evel was barroom handsome, uncouth and vulgar. At dinner that night, he spit a mouthful of his cheap Mateus wine all over a sidekick heíd brought along. One had the impression it was a routine.

However, some of his swaggering braggadocio was entertaining, if not politically correct. When Knievel came to my office he told Marguerite, my secretary: ďYou donít look well, honey. You need some Vitamin E. Thatís E, like in Evel.Ē

Sergei
Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
Sergei, your story reminds me how much I miss Bill Clinton.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
1 Rivet Member

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Colton , Washington
We like to check out places featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. We've had some great meals thanks to Guy Fieri. Search: Food Network Local Just pop in your location and let the foodie adventure begin! I believe all fat and calories are removed from food when camping in an Airstream.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflier View Post
We like to check out places featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. We've had some great meals thanks to Guy Fieri. Search: Food Network Local Just pop in your location and let the foodie adventure begin! I believe all fat and calories are removed from food when camping in an Airstream.
There is an IPhone app that shows a the location of every Diners Drive ins and Dives show. It makes the search from the tow vehicle easy.
As I have learned after two weekend WBCCI rallies the calories do not get removed from the food I consume while Airstreaming!!!!!
Bruce
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #81

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Which app is it? I see 3 listed
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie Q View Post
Which app is it? I see 3 listed
The one I use is by MapMuse. I think I just downloaded the first one I saw...
Bruce
Old 12-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I forgot about this thread!
In the past year we found a new favorite place for an awesome Grouper sandwich! Anyone who is staying at at Ft DeSoto should take a quick trip to Dockside Daves in St Pete Beach. Great food, the people who own it and who work there are great and we would go out of our way to stop in!
The Key Lime pie is home made too! Do not miss this one...
Bruce

http://http://www.docksidedavesgrill.com
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
We stopped at a farm stand in Vermont while roaming around in our Interstate this summer.
The farm stand is located in Westminster Vermont and is named Harlow Farm. Cafe Loco is located inside. Organic veggies from the farm in the little restaurant. A great place to stop. Harlowfarm.com They are closed in the winter but reopen in May!