Old 02-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1955 18' Globetrotter
Carrollton , Texas
Ridgway State Park, CO, Fall 2015

Wow - Two Chicks began this thread with beautiful shots of Ridgway Park - what happened to the gist of this park thread?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I suggest you read post #14.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
One of the best hamburgers in Colorado is at the True Grit cafe on the west side of the Ridgway town park. The buildings were part of the sets for the movie and there are albums of photos taken during the filming. I lived in Telluride when they filled Ridgway and had the opportunity to drive my Jeep over the bottom to check out the structure for fishing.

Street sales of MJ have not gone down due to the high taxes on retail sales.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Really sad that something that starts out so nice and beautiful turns into something so ugly.

I hope this day to have the opportunity to help someone in need.
Kittyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Texan bashing has long been a Colorado favorite avocation. Some Texans deserve it and when they travel in groups and take over an area, they have not always been loved by the natives. Yet, whenever we go to Texas (more often than not on the way to somewhere, but not always), Texans are nice to us.

We also like to bash Californians, a group that came in hoards in the early '90's (though Cal. is so big, they never noticed anyone had left) and especially like to complain they brought all the traffic to the Front Range. They are also bad drivers and apparently that is catching—when we were in Denver last week, we were surprised that drivers were even more rude than they were before we left that part of the state 15 years ago. It wasn't quite down to the level of Florida drivers, but give it time. Coloradoans also look down on Kansans and Utahns. Probably New Mexicans too, but we like chile. Being the highest state (in more than one way nowadays), we look down on everyone except Tibetans and Nepalese. Native born Coloradans look down on "transplants", but since my wife is native born, I have been naturalized and have been allowed to stay here.

I understand in Wyoming, the natives call us "greenies" because our license plates used to have a green background with white letters. Some time ago the plate colors were reversed, but I doubt they call us "whiteys" now. Anyway, Wyomites probably say the same things about us, we say about Texans, or New Yorkers say about Jerseyites.

We all tend to think our home town is better than all the others. You don't want to hear what western slopers say about the Front Range. And, don't forget, my father can beat up your father! Furthermore, my truck is better than yours. We're just as territorial as other animals.

Steve H. comes to Colorado every summer and I threaten to visit him while he's here. I never do, perhaps because he may be surrounded by more Texans. Or, life has too many things going on. Next August in Lake City, Steve? Maybe.

Gene
Old 02-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Steve H. comes to Colorado every summer and I threaten to visit him while he's here. I never do, perhaps because he may be surrounded by more Texans. Or, life has too many things going on. Next August in Lake City, Steve? Maybe.

Gene
Definitely Gene if I'm still able. (We have reservations.) There are other Texans there as well as Coloradoans and even some from several other states as well, but we all get along and have a good time. Come on over to see us, and I'll buy you a beer, but you have to promise not to pour it on my Texas flag.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
I went to a little cabin in Colorado that my grandfather had and loved it then and love it now. Come on down to Texas, you are welcome. Some really nice campgrounds for winter camping. We may pass on the road.

I hope this day to have the opportunity to help someone in need.
Kittyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
2007 Base Camp
Santa Ynez , California
Perhaps this entire discourse is a trick to make Californians not want to got to either state.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
wheat ridge , Colorado
Gosh, I just wanted to share a nice adventure at a State Park. Perhaps those that want to continue to other conversations could begin another thread?

Please?

Thanks to everyone that enjoyed the photos and post.

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Two Chicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Chicks View Post
Gosh, I just wanted to share a nice adventure at a State Park. Perhaps those that want to continue to other conversations could begin another thread?

Please?

Thanks to everyone that enjoyed the photos and post.
Threads wander, especially when the initial posts answer questions or are otherwise finished. Seems like I answered a question about taxes and it went wild after that. It is a nice park and the photos were great.

Gene
Old 02-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Two chicks, thank you for your posts. I live in Colorado, and have interest in finding nice places, (reasonably priced) to camp and also good fishing locations. I enjoy reading of your adventures...so please keep them coming. Evelyn.