Old 12-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #15
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Yep, my trailer spends it's winters in Phoenix and lets me come down to visit. That way I don't have to worry about getting caught in an ice storm/blizzard traveling between CO and AZ. May pass you on the road as we are heading that way after the 1st as well.

And keep letting your mind wander over the keyboard!

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Nancy View Post
Here in Oregon, native historical records show that winter was a time cherished for story telling. Is this also indicative of post-modern people who live in Oregon wishing that they could go AS camping, dreaming of spring? Is the arrival of winter likewise a tacit invitation to writing on the Forum? As for this topic, I do know that age is fast becoming an invitation to seriously read about where the next bathroom may be located.
Was it Jack Nicholson's character in "The Bucket List" or "As Good as it Gets" who said, "Never pass a bathroom, never trust a fart, and don't waste an erection."

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
Regular Guy

1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
New road trip game. One bottle of water every 15 minutes. Last one to go wins.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Try flying helicopters at Fort Walters, Texas near Mineral Wells for Primary Helicopter Flight School training for Viet Nam skids. Restrooms were far and few to be found in cattle country, but... there were no rules saying you could not land and take a "break". If someone became "air sick", that is what your hat was for. Saw plenty in the trash cans at some of the refueling stops... in the first two weeks of flight training.

So, if you cannot find a place to pull over, pull out with an Airstream... think of helicopter pilots who cannot just step back and find a convenient open door....

If you became lost... park it... and ask directions at any ranch house, or ask to us the phone to make a call. When you are 19 and turned loose in an area that is unfamiliar, it is amazing what you can do in the learning process of getting around. This works for an Airstream as well.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #19
Regular Guy

1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
Try flying helicopters at Fort Walters, Texas near Mineral Wells for Primary Helicopter Flight School training for Viet Nam skids. Restrooms were far and few to be found in cattle country, but... there were no rules saying you could not land and take a "break". If someone became "air sick", that is what your hat was for. Saw plenty in the trash cans at some of the refueling stops... in the first two weeks of flight training.

So, if you cannot find a place to pull over, pull out with an Airstream... think of helicopter pilots who cannot just step back and find a convenient open door....

If you became lost... park it... and ask directions at any ranch house, or ask to us the phone to make a call. When you are 19 and turned loose in an area that is unfamiliar, it is amazing what you can do in the learning process of getting around. This works for an Airstream as well.
Every helo I flew in, (H3, SeaHawk, BlackHawk), with the exception of the H2 SeaSprite had relief tubes. To all the newbies we would tell them it was a intercom to the pilot....... It worked every time. Me included.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Why consider any restroom beyond the clean and safe one that you are towing? This is one reason to always depart with full water and empty black tanks.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCorpsman View Post
Every helo I flew in, (H3, SeaHawk, BlackHawk), with the exception of the H2 SeaSprite had relief tubes....
My flying friend wishes today's airliner had something like that. The security procedures make going to the loo is such a bother now - he usually just holds it in.

Getting back to Airstreaming, using a public restroom on the road seems like a moot point. I love my road-cooked meals, bed, and bathroom!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Being of an age when the call of nature sounds more like the scream of a Sergeant Major on the parade ground, the on board facility is a welcome haven of rest when the high water alarm goes off.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #23
Tom and Phyllis

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Tuscaloosa , Alabama
I made a few trips before realizing the Rest Area was following me very closely. I will still stop at rest areas, in the truck side, but will relieve myself in my own facilities. We will walk our dog for exercise, for all of us will need to stretch our legs. If it is raining I will pull over and use the little hospital urinal while seated behind the wheel. Wife sits quietly to my right and comfortable with this approach, as a plan "B".
LD Valley w/ 800 lb trunion bars
Honda eu3000is generator
Lucky Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have peed in the ditch or in an empty Dr. Pepper bottle. You do what you gotta do.

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote