Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Report from Jackson Center

Well once more I find myself in the Terraport at the Mothership. If you're looking for a cheap place to camp this weekend come on over - only 8 spaces occupied at the moment although a few with appointments for repair work might trickle in over the weekend.

Place is deserted. Only 2 trailers in the lot behind the repair shops so they must have cleaned out the backlog. Saw inside the shops when I got here and inside is pretty much deserted also. If you need some work done it looks like this might be a good time.

Took a walk up by the lot where new trailers are stored. It ain't full. Didn't see anything that looked exciting - when I was here 3 weeks ago they had 3 export trailers in the lot but they're now gone and I didn't see any. There are a number of new trailers parked along the road in front of the factory. All are missing propane tank covers so they must be in short supply at the moment.

And if you've ever wanted to move to JC there is a brand new sub-division right across the street from the WBCCI Headquarters. There are a number of new houses in there for sale so I'm sure they'd be happy to fix you up.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Thanks for the info. We might get back by there later this year.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
.... There are a number of new trailers parked along the road in front of the factory. All are missing propane tank covers so they must be in short supply at the moment...
typically the tank covers are placed INSIDE the trailers before/for shipping...

go look in some windows and they should be inside...

also the s/c folks will be gearing up to go to the international soon...

typically they take 6-8 people, but who knows this year.

booking service around that time can be a problem because so many folks are gone...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
The Mother Ship visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
Well once more I find myself in the Terraport at the Mothership. If you're looking for a cheap place to camp this weekend come on over - only 8 spaces occupied at the moment although a few with appointments for repair work might trickle in over the weekend....
Looks like we just missed you. Was there earlier this week, Monday - Wednesday, to have some scheduled service completed on our 2000 34'. Having bought the trailer used last year and was in the area visiting my family I wanted to have the undercarriage thoroughly checked out. Had the axles aligned, brakes and wheel bearings checked and the tires rotated.

They also replaced one of my main awning arms with a straight used one for free. Now I don't need my better half on extending/retracting the thing. (The previous owner had a wind incident and there was a slight bend in the arm which made it difficult to operate.)

Was also able to pick up a few parts needed inside and stopped by the WBCCI to buy a 3 flag pole holder and 3 flag poles. Now I can mount my US Flag along with my USMC and Navy flags while camping.

Also, took the free factory tour and fell in love with the new Ocean Breeze interior scheme. However, I don't think that's an option in the new 34' Flying Cloud when they start building it. Had plenty of smaller units coming down the line though.

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
dpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote