Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #15

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up I'm simple...

We use the older version of this....

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2014 16' Sport
Palm Coast , Florida
Originally Posted by andreasduess View Post
With keep a family diary where we all add entries. The kids draw and/or doodle, my wife and I add recipes, photographs, trip diaries. If we want to share a part of that book, I take a quick photograph and off it gets emailed to the grandparents.
What a great idea !

Breezin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Cat City , California
Small spiral notebook and pen and pencil. Never needs charging, or batteries, very fast to make small entries, or long. And, I can tape pictures, brochures, or other things right on the page. It's more fun to browse through later on than computer screens.
mstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Ottawa , Ontario
I take notes during the trip - nothing too specific most of the time though I do note the mileage and the voltage at the campsite and our impressions of the trip. It all gets compiled into the Trips section of our website.
JDnBeastlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Marthasville , Missouri
We tend to be paper and pencil people, although we use the computer to house all the photo's we take. I start a folder for each trip and use it to note mileage, etc as we travel. For those longer trips, 1000 miles or more, that have a specific destination and schedule, I make a trip plan that includes the various roads/exit no's, camp grounds, etc, and a gas plan. We like to stop about every three hours and try to match those stops with fuel stops and rest areas. Works well for us and the dog. I use a paper book to record things of interest or events along the way. Always say we'll go back and look it over some day, but it's ten years old and hasn't had many reviews. We keep the campground info and site maps in the trip folder for future reference. The best trip log is the one that works for you.
WBCCI 11988
AirEgger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
I have kept a journal since our first trip with our 1999 Safari. The book (2nd edition now) has numbered pages and for the most part I only use a page/trip. I list location, time to get there, who is with us, cost of CG, and number of rigs (at rally). I then write a very brief list of activities we do each day. I go back often to research where we went or name of CG, etc. If I need 2 pages for a longer trip I try to share 2 pages for 2 weekend trips so my numbering stays fairly accurate.
Kathy Narowski
SC Coastal Unit
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
Kalamazoo , Michigan
wow lot of inputs!

It seems that the pen and paper method is the most popular. I was thinking of keeping a log on paper but using a spreadsheet to keep track of my mileage and mpg.

I can't wait to get our airstream!
MartinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
We use the aluminum covered book from Airstream. In all other aspects we are techno geeks, but there is a slow pace of family camping which we enjoy, and the pen with paper just goes well with that.
Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
The Airstream Travel Journal

Making trip notes and archiving data regarding miles traveled, campsites, weather conditions, people, food and menus, trails, plants and animals, etc., is not only useful, but also helps us monitor aspects of the trailer, such as the status of our tires and batteries, and helps us know when it is time to replace them.

We use a variety of ways in making notes, such as, pen and yellow pad, Columnar Pad, "Airstream Travel Journal", and on the computer via Word documents.

The trip journal that I use is "See More, Do More, Live More: The Airstream Travel Journal", designed by Bryan Burkhart and published by Chronicle Books LLC in 2002. It originally sold for $16.95 and is now out of print, but can be found online for prices up to $600!

Another journal, "Airstream Prism Journal Book" is currently available online for $16.95 from Airstream, Inc.

More information: Airstream Safari trip notes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003 Journal's aluminum covers.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	199000  
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #24
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I use iCal on my Mac daily to keep track of all kinds of things, so rather than set up a separate log for trips, I just keep al the detailed trip info there - makes it always easy t6o find and I can include as much info as I like as a note to the daily calendar entry - i.e. where we stayed that day, trop mileage, etc.

Separately, I take a fair amount of photos and storebthem all in iPhoto with tags and descriptions - again, very easy to find when wanted.

Computer is backed up numerous times a day using Apple's wireless "Time Machine."

I'm no computer wizard but all this is very simple to do and works best for me.

I did start at one time keeping a paper log - with little sketches and miniature watercolors but never kept it up - probably because as an artist, I am not up to much! Aso is was a lot more trouble!

PS - in reality, I find that I rarely ever look back at my notes - unless we want to return to a campground we previously used and can't remember the name, or we forget where we were in a given year!

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote