Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Raystown Lake (PA)

I'll be heading out to Raystown Lake in PA later next month. What's it like up there? Anyone want to join us?
Catman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
map

We will have to look that up on a map. We are headed to PA the last weekend of this month. Headed to Wellsboro, PA and canyon country for the weekend and you are welcome to join us too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Looks good on Google Maps- looks like a nice camping area on the water off 7 Points Rd. Also looks like it might get a fair amount of boat traffic, there's a good size marina nearby.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
mount wolf , Pennsylvania
We stayed in the 7-points campground last year. It has electric hook ups only with water hydrants in each camping loop. There is a dump station in one of the loops. The marina and swimming areas are at the bottom of a big hill from the camping areas. Yes all the traffic goes through on a main street. The nature center is very nice. Lots of hiking and biking trails.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman6 View Post
I'll be heading out to Raystown Lake in PA later next month. What's it like up there? Anyone want to join us?
Where are you camping?
I went to college in Huntingdon at the north end of the lake. Spent a lot of time at various places around the lake.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
I'm staying at the campground at Raystown Lake Resort and Lodge. I have a waterside lot up on Poplar (lot 132 if ya wanna say hi ) that's supposed to have full hook ups. We're going up there 5/ 20 - 23. My g/f's family has been going there for years, but this is my first trip up.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman6 View Post
I'm staying at the campground at Raystown Lake Resort and Lodge. I have a waterside lot up on Poplar (lot 132 if ya wanna say hi ) that's supposed to have full hook ups. We're going up there 5/ 20 - 23. My g/f's family has been going there for years, but this is my first trip up.
That is the newer of the campgrounds. That time of year it should be nice weather. There will be a lot of boats on the weekends. Enjoy the lake. She's cold!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
gettysburg , Pennsylvania
Raystown Lake is awesome! Been there many times. www.reserveamerica.com is the Governments website to reserve a campsite at the seven points area. The point or pcam is the absolute best area to camp. (Site 128,124) However, I think is first come first serve this time of year. The raystown resort is a bit more crowded than Seven Points. But it is really nice there too! Also, if you do go to the Seven Points Area, they just opened up a world class mountain bike trail if that is of any interest to anyone.
gettysburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburg View Post
Also, if you do go to the Seven Points Area, they just opened up a world class mountain bike trail if that is of any interest to anyone.
DETAILS! DETAILS! We love biking, but we only have street bikes. Do they rent them up there?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
gettysburg , Pennsylvania
Mountain Bike trail. Google Allegrippis Trail. They even have a video of a rider on the trail I Believe. For the advid Bike Riders it is a must! No rentals that I'm aware of.
gettysburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
What an INCREDIBLE 4 DAYS! Wehiked Trough Valley and rode the Rails to Trails. It rained off and on Saturday, so we went around Huntingdon and over to 7 Points Marina to see the Carp. I have never seen anything like that in my life! There has to be hundreds of them, and they literally shove each other clean out of the water chasing the dog food!!! On Sunday we went to the 1000 steps. 1000 my @$$! There's at least 1200 LOL We got off the beaten path and found one of the old narrow guage rail beds up top of the mountain. We're paying dearly for it now though But it was definitely worth it! The campground was nice, the people friendly, and the ares was GREAT! I'll definitely be heading back there again