Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2003, 10:06 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quilt Rally in Sisters, OR

We just got back from spending a day at the Sisters Quilt Show Rally in Sisters, Oregon. The rally was all week, but we just went down on Friday after work. Unfortunately I got a migrane and the heat was making me miserable, so we left Saturday afternoon and headed home. It was fun to see the other airstreamers though, and sit and chat with them Friday night. There was only about 10 or so trailers there, and byt he time we left they were down to five, but most of them had already been there all week.

The Rally was at the hosts home, in his field. It had a stunning view of the Three Sisters Mountains. I'll include a picture. To get there we had to drive by a forest fire on the neighboring ridge along the highway, which was pretty impressive as well.

Our only problem was the fridge refused to cool down enough. I let it run at home the night before we left, and it got plenty cold, so I put our food in it and shut it off. When we got to the rally we lit it again, and by the next day it was still 50 inside, which was quite a bit colder than the 90 it was outside, but not cold enough to keep the milk good. So I guess that's on my to-do list now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2327  

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
That was a picture of the forest fire. Here's a picture of the rally site and the mountains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mt_trail.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	2328  

Old 07-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
I grew up in Bend, Oregon......

....which is about 30 miles from Sisters. I only get back every five years or so for a highschool reunion. Regardless, I remember Sisters when it was practically unihabited. I still remember the area as one of the most beautiful places on earth, even though the development of the area depresses me. Regardless, I am jealous of your recent adventure. Thank you for the photos.
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:30 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
It's definitly not uninhabited anymore :-) It is beautiful, rugged country though. It always amazes me that it is so different from the western side of the state. Bend is quite the vacation attraction now. I was eager to get over there and explore because I am constantly hearing people say they are going to Bend and how much they enjoy it over there.