Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
1989 32' Excella
Bay City , Texas
questions about 36 ft Land Yatch motor home

I am thinking of buying 92 land yatch 36' motor home. I heard that rear swing was a problem in driving.Can readers give me other negative reports, or why I shouldn't buy it. Would appreciate any kickbacks.capt ken
capt ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Welcome to the AFs capt ken.

What model are you looking at? Flat Front Cutter, Clipper are newer units so I would think this is a slope nosed? What Chassis, Engine, etc. will help us answer most questions.

I would think the'"the rear swing"" would be the least of your worries!

Give us some more specific information on your unit that you are looking at and owners of the same units will be able to answer most questions.

If you go to the "motorhome" forums on this site you can research feedback on any unit. Or use the seach in the blue bar above.

Airstream Motorhome Forums - Airstream Forums

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt ken View Post
I am thinking of buying 92 land yatch 36' motor home. I heard that rear swing was a problem in driving.Can readers give me other negative reports, or why I shouldn't buy it. Would appreciate any kickbacks.capt ken
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
1989 32' Excella
Bay City , Texas
Thanks Dave, it is a slope nose. I was wondering how much that 14' would bother me in driving.I will go to the motorhome section. ken
capt ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I had a 1996 36 foot motor home and loved it. Had no trouble with the tail end at all. It was wide and took up all of the lane, but was a pleasure to drive. Sold it because dh wanted to go back to a trailer.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote