Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradog View Post
Welcome to the nanny state.
Well, we simply have arrived at a place and time where we can't take care of ourselves. I wish I had more faith in my fellow drivers to pay attention to the road but I have seen far too many paying almost no attention because of the phone to their ear.

We have lots of what I would call "good" laws but the enforcement of them is another story. I live in Washington but doubt that I will ever see many tickets for this infraction. Simply by making a law and publicizing it they feel that they have done their job. Distracted driving has been against the law for a long time in Washington but it has always been a secondary offense. They could only pull you over for something else and then give you a ticket. Now it is a primary offense which means that all they have to do is see you on your phone and that will be it...hopefully.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 27' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Cool. That should solve distracted driving which causes 50% of all accidents. That leaves drunk driving (65%), road rage (35%), speed (44%) and mechanics problems (15%). I feel safer.

Tow Vehicle: 2020 F-350 6.7L Diesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I wonder when they will outlaw radios in cars. Fiddling with those is worse than a cellphone.

2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
This F350 Ford 2016 model requires more computer experience to operate the screen and endless options to operate most... everything.

Maybe the visual screen can be converted to Voice Command and I can find a Radio Station and which knobs are for the AC and which are intended for the Radio. Although all the stations I would not listen to... are those the scan picks up. If I understood Spanish, better... those come in strong and the music is better than most of those the radio finds for me.

Back to our connecting to recorded music or listen to my ears 'ring' for a couple hundred miles.

A cell phone... that is nothing compared to this system installed in my Ford. You need a passenger to operate the computer, while the driver fiddles with the mirror adjustments and other knobs, switches and unknowns.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #25
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Welcome to the ninny state.
Fixed it for you. Drive like a ninny, get a ticket or your license suspended. Cause a crash while using a banned device, be found responsible and be held accountable. Seems reasonable.
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Quote:
Welcome to the nanny state.
About a half dozen years ago while travelling along Highway 401 near Brockville, the traffic suddenly came to a near standstill. The right lane was moving slowly so I moved over. A traffic accident? No the cause was a middle age woman busy texting while in the passing lane no less. There ain't no cure for stupid unfortunately.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote