Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 AM   #15
Kim & Roger

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Ventura County , California
We have a Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill that can use either propane bottles or hose to either a 10 pound tank or propane quick connect on AS. But like Ponyfvr we also use a Green Mountain Grill Davey Crockett pellet smoker that we can grill or smoke meat, chicken, fish or veggies. We use Traeger Gourmet pellets only available at Costco. The GMG is the best of both worlds in our opinion. Use a little olive oil, Traegers Chicken Rub and 1.5 hrs later the best tasting chicken you'll ever have. We'll be using it at Wine Fest in Paso Robles this coming weekend.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.” - Mark Twain
Kimberlydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
A most excellent quote, Kim and Roger . . . thanks!

Peter

__________________________________________________ ____

“But I reckon I got to light out for the territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”

Mark Twain

Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrusso View Post
Thanks for your response. If you removed the regulator from the Weber 2200, what type of extension line did you buy to connect your gas line to the weber grill?
I used the hose (about 3 ft long) that came with the Airstream and plugs into the propane port on the front of the trailer, this is a low pressure line which is why you don't need the regulator. I took the AS host to ACE hardware and bought a regular propane extension hose from the grill department. Then you need to go to the plumbing department and get a coupler, one hose has a plumbing fitting and the other hose has a gas fitting and the coupler will have a gas fitting on one side and a plumbing fitting on the other. If you bring the AS hose in and grab the bbq hose the attendant will be able to help you find the connector. I went to Lowes and Home Depot and they didn't have the connectors ACE Hardware has everything and I found someone who knew what he was doing. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions

2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
2015 25' International
WBCCI # 5462 4CU
Ponyfvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyfvr View Post
I used the hose (about 3 ft long) that came with the Airstream and plugs into the propane port on the front of the trailer, this is a low pressure line which is why you don't need the regulator. I took the AS host to ACE hardware and bought a regular propane extension hose from the grill department. Then you need to go to the plumbing department and get a coupler, one hose has a plumbing fitting and the other hose has a gas fitting and the coupler will have a gas fitting on one side and a plumbing fitting on the other. If you bring the AS hose in and grab the bbq hose the attendant will be able to help you find the connector. I went to Lowes and Home Depot and they didn't have the connectors ACE Hardware has everything and I found someone who knew what he was doing. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions
I left out one step, I think that the plumbing to gas connection is to attached the hose to the grill and the hose to hose connection is a gas connection. I found the connectors information on the web but can't remember which website if I find it I will add it to this post

2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
2015 25' International
WBCCI # 5462 4CU
Ponyfvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
Hail on wheels

1992 25' Excella
Little Elm , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Bum View Post
Neither! You're camping! Buy a grate to go on the fire ring and enjoy the taste of steak, hamburgers, etc.. made over a wood fire! if you got to buy a grill (cause of rain), buy a portable "Char-Boil" charcoal grill. You Never have a need for "charcoal fluid" - Never! BQing on a charcoal grill has come a long way. There are cylinders you can buy to light charcoal with, and never again will you use "lighter fluid." Any kind of gas grill can never replace wood and charcoal. Just saying!

I agree. Let's camp!!!! Use a wood fire. I have a grate with legs that goes over the campground fire pits. Use a Weber charcoal stater cylinder to start charcoal or wood that does not require lighter fluid. Not a purist, just a camper. I have a Weber Q1000 propane unit and use it only when a wood fire is not allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Marin , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyfvr View Post
I found the connectors information on the web but can't remember which website if I find it I will add it to this post
I just purchased the Coleman Fold n Go grill and it has a quick connect fitting at the grill attachment point. The fitting is unique and I have not been able to find it anywhere. So my solution is the buy a second regulator, cut off the quick connect fitting and then use standard connectors from the hardware to attach it to the propane line.

The regulator is $24.59 from eReplacementparts.com. See http://www.ereplacementparts.com/reg...p-1001437.html

Dave
Old 07-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Welcome to the forum! Amazon has a pretty good selection of hoses and connectors which might work without modifying your grill IMO. We recently got 10' extension hoses with quick-connects and shutoffs for our Yamaha 1000 tri-fuel gen to hook up to the FC20's low pressure propane port.

Also see the links in Post #11 here for other BBQ and grill threads where you might find helpful info..

Good luck!

Peter