Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Port Townsend weekend

We stayed this weekend at Point Hudson in Port Townsend, WA. Great spot with terrific Ocean views, and full hookups. Just a few blocks from down town and great shops and restaurants.

Excellent bathrooms and shower facilities, which meant I could dry camp and avoid winterizing again.

Got to try out our induction burner. Used it to cook rice and sauté mushrooms and onions. It also worked perfect with a Chantal tea kettle, and boiled hot water super fast.

After having no luck trying to rig up the Weber GoGrill to work with the AS's propane tanks, I went out and bought a 5 gallon LP tank and the Weber adapter, which fit just great. No more of those 1 gallon green canisters. The Weber is probably the best grill for camping I've ever encountered, and everything that comes out of it: steaks, hot dogs, chicken, is super moist and tender and flavorful. It gives my $1800 Vermont castings grill at home a serious run for the money, at only $60

Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Eagle-eyed readers will note the Avion camper in the upper left corner of the fourth picture. It was pretty well restored and drew lots of admirers.

We saw another AS, a 25ft FB model, but never did bump into the owners.

Pt. Hudson is right next to the Pygmy wooden kayak/boat company, and it was great to stroll over and check out their beautiful wooden kayaks. About $1200 and 100 hours and you could be paddling one too.

Before we left, we headed over to the Blue Moose café for breakfast and had one of the best meals I've had in Port Townsend. Don't let the surroundings fool you (it's located amongst various Shipyard merchants), this little café was voted the best in Jefferson County. Missus had an awesome Huevos Ranchers, and I had this terrific tortilla chip, egg, green Chile, onions, salsa and avocado scramble.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:55 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
Richmond Hill , Georgia
Wasn't aware there was even RV parking there, guess we always turned left before reaching the end as we worked our way over to Point Wilson Lighthouse. Swains is always an interesting store to shop in. Every once in a while a cruise ship has to improvise on their trip and put in there, quite a sight. We've been to Fort Flagler on Indian/Marrowstone Island many times and love it over there. Even though Port Townsend is quite a way from the ocean the waters on the Straits of Juan de Fuca can get really rough if you make the ferry crossing over to Whidbey Island.

Forgive the rambling, lived in Port Ludlow and just love the area. Thanks for the pics!
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote