Old 09-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
Port Canaveral area Cruise Parking

We are planning to bring our Airstream to Florida for a 17 day trip starting the last week of January. We are spending the first 7 days on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and we are trying to see if anyone has any information on temporary RV storage/parking that is cheaper than Port parking or full site cost at a campground. We already spoke with Land Yacht Harbor and would need to pay full cost for the week we would be on the cruise, while not too bad, I thought we would see if there was anything else out there (in addition, we are not over 50 and would have a teenager with us so that may be a problem with Land Yacht Harbor also). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Maybe you will get an offer for courtesy parking. Or maybe someone has a business close by. Good luck.

Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:18 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
I'm just tagging in to follow the discussion. We looked for similar short term storage in the Melbourne area a year and a half ago (even spent one very nice night at LandYacht Harbor). We found that the normal storage facilities in and around Melbourne were pretty much full. In our case, we were cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we booked a night near there and put our trailer in their storage lot for the 9 day cruise. We did have to pay the monthly fee, but that was less than terminal parking.

Please keep us posted on what you find. I'll try to start a thread on cruise terminal parking. It might be nice to have a running account of Airstream parking possibilities near cruise terminals.

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
Parking Follow Up

Wife decided that we should not plan on bringing the trailer due to the possibility of poor weather (last two years we had snow on the ground when leaving on this trip). What I did find out is that there are several campgrounds in the area with storage (off site and on). I only spoke with one, Joy RV, and they did not have an availability. The others parks were the Great Outdoors, Sonrise Village, Seasons in the Sun, and Space Coast RV resort.

Hope this helps someone else.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
2004 28' International CCD
Cocoa , Florida
Try "mr. Store it" in Cocoa fl. 321-631-1611...... This is where I park. A LOT closer than land yacht harbor. LYH is probably 25-30 miles from the port as Cocoa is only 7 miles. Ask for Toni...... Hope this helps.
Bhkh226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I just bit the bullet and paid the price to leave ours on a site at LYH. they don't have off-site parking.

I felt it was possibly more secure than using a storage lot I did not know - we have stayed at LYH several times and it seems fine.

Also we were camping there both before and after our cruise so it was convenient to have the trailer on its site and all hooked up.

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Several recommendations here,

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is online now   Reply With Quote