Old 07-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Plasse's Resort Silver Lake

My son and granddaughter and I just returned from spending 4 days at Plasse's Resort on the west side of Silver Lake, in the Sierras south of Lake Tahoe. The only hookup available is water. Dumps are available on the way out, for an additional fee of $8.

The days we spent there were the busiest they've had all summer, maybe ever since it opened in the 1850's. They couldn't believe it. Maybe by the luck of the draw, we ended up with a delightful campsite next to a creek. We canoed on the lake, hiked, the dog swam in the lake, many times, and I drank a number of glasses of wine around sundown. It all seemed normal to me, but my son, who has a high pressure job in the San Francisco Bay Area, and who was very uptight in the beginning, loosened up quite a bit as time went on. He mentioned to me, more than once, that he was so amazed how relaxed everyone was, and how friendly. That included not only the staff, but all the other people staying there too. Sure, they screwed up our canoe reservation and assigned us a one man kayak instead of a three person canoe, but they straightened it out and everything was fine. There are some downsides to being so relaxed and friendly, but not a problem if everything turns out okay in the end.

We left just as our gray water tanks were about to overflow, and just as my son was relaxing enough to want to stay there a few more days. This is really why I bought the AS. It's not the first time, and I certainly hope not the last, that we have had and will have experiences like this.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote