Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
 
Ponyfvr's Avatar
 
2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Planning a trip to Paso Robles

We are planning a trip to Paso Robles in January, any recommendations for places to stay? We have a AS Flying Cloud 23D and are planning on hitting some of the wineries. We will be in Paseo Robles for 3 - 4 nights and can split on time in different parks.

Thanks for your help

Bob
__________________

__________________
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
Off-we-go's Avatar
 
2007 19' Safari SE
Marina , California
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Bob,
You should check out Vines RV Resort, Paso Robles, California 93446 - 88 Wellsona Rd. I have not stayed but it looks very nice from Hwy 101. We drive by on our way to Santa Barbara to see family.
__________________

__________________
Off-we-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
 
Ponyfvr's Avatar
 
2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-we-go View Post
Bob,
You should check out Vines RV Resort, Paso Robles, California 93446 - 88 Wellsona Rd. I have not stayed but it looks very nice from Hwy 101. We drive by on our way to Santa Barbara to see family.
Thanks we will take a look at it

Bob
__________________
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
interstateflyer's Avatar
 
2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 870
Images: 7
Wine Country RV Resort on Airport Road off of Highway 46. Make sure you stay in a spot in the lower area away from the highway. We stayed there with our local Wally club two weeks ago. Close to may wineries.

Wine Country is much quieter than Vines RV resort which is right off Highway 101.
__________________
2017 Airstream International Serenity 25FB
2016 RAM 2500 Crew Cab Cummins 6.7 Diesel
interstateflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
 
No. 13's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 191
I would book your whole stay at Wine Country RV. You won't be disappointed.
__________________
No. 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
 
dougandlori's Avatar
 
2004 28' Classic
Fresno , California
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 148
We did the wine country resort last fall. I will stay again. Only as short drive to Cambria.
__________________
Doug & Lori
Fresno
2004 28' Classic
2007 Ram 2500
dougandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member
 
Johnco's Avatar

 
2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 210
Another vote for Wine Country RV and second the recommendation on getting sites away from the highway. Nice central location and great people. You can also check out Harvest Hosts, they have access to stays at several different wineries in the area.
__________________
Johnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member
 
greenflag's Avatar
 
2016 30' International
Currently Looking...
Quartz Hill , California
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 142
Wine Country RV on Airport Rd off hwy 46. You can walk to a winery nearby I believe. We stayed there in the spring. We will stay again Christmas week for a couple of nights.
__________________
greenflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
SLO Town Airstream Owner
 
1977 31' Sovereign
San Luis Obispo , San Luis Obispo
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Be sure and check out some of the smaller more boutique wineries. May I recommend Opolo and Brochelle especially. Incredible Zins. I call it the OH MY GOD wines.
__________________
sloprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member
 
2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 211
We have stayed many days and numerous times at Wine Country Resort, (now a Sun river property). Great, clean facilities, good hookups, helpful staff, across street from wild rivers type park(open in season). There are GREAT WINERIES throughout the area. Some charge for tasting and are well known, OTHERS have NOT gotten above their raising and are free tasting. Please give them a try and even buy a bottle or a case from them or join their wine club. There are terrific restaurants in Paso, you will be delighted with the variety and quality.

Please thank the owners or tasting room managers for having FREE TASTINGS, other wineries put pressure on them to charge, and after driving to the area, spending money on food and lodging; paying to taste wine you know nothing about upsets my conservative psyche. EVERY winemaker thinks they make great wine, YOU BE THE JUDGE.

I am not associated with any businesses in the area. I just enjoy the kickback attitude of the central coast and visit it four or five times a year for the past 20 to 25 years.
__________________
unifreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Tom T
 
Tom_T's Avatar
 
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 553
If you want a day or so on the beach, try Pismo Coast Village at Pismo Beach. Nice facilities onsite + beachfront. If full, the Pismo Beach North state campground about 1/2 mile south of PCV also has hookups & the Monarch Butterflies park site is between the 2.

We've stayed there for the Pismo Vintage Trailer Rally in May.
__________________
Tom T (janabanana48's other half )
Orange CA
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-14 Cayenne S
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner)
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
Jim Foster's Avatar
 
1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,615
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Another one for Pismo Coast Village. Nicely kept facilities. Short walk to town with many restaurants of all kinds. Not a long drive to Morro Bay, or on to Cayucos, Cambria or on a little further to San Simion and Hearst Castle. All within easy reach. You can make a day trip to Paso Robles to visit the wineries. Not much else in Paso.

We stay at PCV several times each year.
__________________
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member
 
Ponyfvr's Avatar
 
2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
Wine Country RV Resort on Airport Road off of Highway 46. Make sure you stay in a spot in the lower area away from the highway. We stayed there with our local Wally club two weeks ago. Close to may wineries.

Wine Country is much quieter than Vines RV resort which is right off Highway 101.
Thanks we are looking for quite

Bob
__________________
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member
 
Ponyfvr's Avatar
 
2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifreck View Post
We have stayed many days and numerous times at Wine Country Resort, (now a Sun river property). Great, clean facilities, good hookups, helpful staff, across street from wild rivers type park(open in season). There are GREAT WINERIES throughout the area. Some charge for tasting and are well known, OTHERS have NOT gotten above their raising and are free tasting. Please give them a try and even buy a bottle or a case from them or join their wine club. There are terrific restaurants in Paso, you will be delighted with the variety and quality.

Please thank the owners or tasting room managers for having FREE TASTINGS, other wineries put pressure on them to charge, and after driving to the area, spending money on food and lodging; paying to taste wine you know nothing about upsets my conservative psyche. EVERY winemaker thinks they make great wine, YOU BE THE JUDGE.

I am not associated with any businesses in the area. I just enjoy the kickback attitude of the central coast and visit it four or five times a year for the past 20 to 25 years.
Thanks we love the wineries and that is the purpose of our trip, it is much more laid back that Napa
__________________

__________________
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRAILER STOLEN outside of el paso blimp Our Community 86 10-11-2011 11:28 AM
Anyone Near El Paso, TX? airedale Off Topic Forum 9 02-18-2009 07:47 PM
Service quality of El Paso, TX area dealer? AIRzilla Commercial Listings 4 11-16-2007 05:41 PM
El Paso Texas Area COArgosy78 Off Topic Forum 2 11-30-2004 11:28 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.