Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Places to See In NV

Ok I spent the night in Vegas. Ok it was really East Vegas.
I ate at one of those endless buffets and slept great last night.

Sams Town RV park: there is two of the the sort term and long term. I am in the short term which is closer to the Casino.

Today I head out Camping world. I left my RV atlas in Phoenix. Then north on I-15, US 93, The extraterrestial highway, US 6 to US 95. I am hoping to makeit to Fallon tonight and wait the impending weather out. THen head north on US 95 through south east Oregon and then into Idaho.

I will take pictures of the Guys in the black vehicles if I see any.
__________________

__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Just don't go down the dirt road wth the white mailbox...

At the end of that road is a sign that says per a federal law the use of lethal force is legal and you will be shot.
__________________

__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
1965 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Orinda , California
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 217
I never miss Valley of Fire while in Vegas. IMHO this is the place of most beautiful camping sites in the World. It is about 45 minutes drive (by a car) from Vegas on I-15 east.
Closer by is Red Rock canyon, what is on Vegas suburbans. Take Mt Charleston Blv north. Before entrance to fee park there is road with sign "Calico Base" what is smaller no fee park. Following the main road you get to "Old Nevada" what is Old Western village with lot of shops and shows running on weekends. For shopping take a shuttle, or drive to Primm Valley. With about 150 shopping outlets they have prices and selections. Add $9 buffet at the casino.
__________________
Kajtek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
 
2006 16' International CCD
Sun Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 66
We hope you are having a safe trip as there is a lot of weather coming in. There is one storm after another off the coast and 8 in of snow in Caldwell as
of 2:00 today and snow in Boise.
Be careful out there, my late husband (private pilot) and I were boondocking
several years ago N. of Ash Springs and saw a UFO about 4:00 in the morning. Very, very errie. We have a lot of friends here who travel that road
as we did back & forth to the dessert, and many of them have tales to tell.
Happy Trails & Warm Regard , Betty
__________________
Bettymsb@msn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
CaddyGrn's Avatar
 
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,879
Drive safely!

The weather is upon us here in (the real Northern) Nor Cal... and I know most of the West is getting weather... hopefully it will "go away" and a wonderful false spring will arrive...

Happy and safe trails!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
__________________
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Welcome to Nevada. Sorry it's snowing and windy here in northwest NV this afternoon, but might not be too bad a little east on 95 to Fallon. Fill up in Tonopah and Hawthorne, the El Capitan in Hawthorne is okay to eat at. Those big potatoe barns around Hawthorne aren't, thats one of the US arsenals with every kind of ordnance there is i suspect in those potatoe barns. Walker Lake is starting to go salty and not support the special native trout. Don't try to race those guys out of Fallon, F15's go a little faster than we do. Don't be surprised if they pop up out of nowhere, lots of times they are using us vehicles for practice targets. Fallon has a real nice Raleys on the west side of town, has everything you could want. Winnemmucca is starting to be a pretty nice town. Cheapest diesel I've seen at the Flying J in Winn.
Give a call, we're just a hour or so west of Fallon.
Perry
__________________
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettymsb@msn
We hope you are having a safe trip as there is a lot of weather coming in. There is one storm after another off the coast and 8 in of snow in Caldwell as
of 2:00 today and snow in Boise.
Be careful out there, my late husband (private pilot) and I were boondocking
several years ago N. of Ash Springs and saw a UFO about 4:00 in the morning. Very, very errie. We have a lot of friends here who travel that road
as we did back & forth to the dessert, and many of them have tales to tell.
Happy Trails & Warm Regard , Betty
Betty,
I am safe and sound in Fallon, NV. It started to snow just as I was setting up. It does not look like there is going to be much snow here. I will be trying to head north on US 95 onto I 80 the north again on US 95.

I am aware of al the weather and I am keeping a close eye on it.

I stopped at the Lil Aile Inn for Lunch on the extraterrestial highway. No funny stuuf happened. I was bummed.
__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I stopped at the Lil Aile Inn for Lunch on the extraterrestial highway. No funny stuuf happened. I was bummed.
How can you be sure you were not abducted and released?
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
1965 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Orinda , California
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 217
Did you check you body for strange puncture marks?
__________________
Kajtek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
How can you be sure you were not abducted and released?
I am not but I was wearing my Alumnum foil hat
__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I am not but I was wearing my Alumnum foil hat
Well, O.K. then. Nooo problemo.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo
Welcome to Nevada. Sorry it's snowing and windy here in northwest NV this afternoon, but might not be too bad a little east on 95 to Fallon. Fill up in Tonopah and Hawthorne, the El Capitan in Hawthorne is okay to eat at.
I filled up in Las Vegas, Alamo, and Tonopah. The Tank got below 3/4 I was filling up. It is a loooooog way between stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo
Those big potatoe barns around Hawthorne aren't, thats one of the US arsenals with every kind of ordnance there is i suspect in those potatoe barns.
I thought they were whiskey cellars! Damn. I have seen those before. Only they were holding chemical weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo
Don't try to race those guys out of Fallon, F15's go a little faster than we do. Don't be surprised if they pop up out of nowhere, lots of times they are using us vehicles for practice targets. Fallon has a real nice Raleys on the west side of town, has everything you could want. Winnemmucca is starting to be a pretty nice town. Cheapest diesel I've seen at the Flying J in Winn.
I am just hoping to get a close up view of the F-18s and F-15s. If I end up sticking around due to weather I will PM you.
__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
If you're still in Hawthorne... The Army surplus store there sells empty bombs. From 30 lb to 500lb. A big surprise to see them stacked out front when driving through town. Don't wear your foil hat if you stop in to buy one.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #14
More than one rivet loose
 
thecatsandi's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
If you're still in Hawthorne... The Army surplus store there sells empty bombs. From 30 lb to 500lb. A big surprise to see them stacked out front when driving through town. Don't wear your foil hat if you stop in to buy one.
I left Hawthorne behind and made it to Fallon for the evening. I have been in Get there mode the last couple of days. I still am. I am hoping to make it into Oregon tomorrow and then Boise on THursday. It is supposedto snow and temp will be in the 20s and 30s. As long as the roads are clear and the truck are moving I am on the road.
__________________

__________________
Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Northeast Has anyone found places to boondock in New England? riverstreet2 Boondocking 21 06-07-2009 08:48 AM
Places to see in NM and AZ thecatsandi On The Road... 50 01-28-2008 11:32 PM
Best places to advertise my '04 Safari? onasafari Buyer Guidelines 5 07-12-2006 05:58 PM
Secret places Moonshot General Interior Topics 16 12-24-2003 08:52 AM
best camping places for kids and families trumpwer Our Community 3 05-02-2003 09:09 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.