Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Paradise Cove - Malibu, CA

If you watched the 70's TV show The Rockford Files, this was where Jim had his trailer parked.

Has anyone ever had their Airstream here at some point and taken a photo of it in roughly the same position where Rockford's trailer was, with the restaurant and pier in the background?

It's just a nutty thing that I plan to do whenever I make it to the west coast and wanted to know if anyone had done the same thing. Post the photo if you did.

Maybe some shifty guy with beady eyes and a beard walked up to you and said, "Hey listen I've got this great scheme worked up and I'm willing to cut you in for 10% only becuase you and I go way back. Also I am way too hot right now, but I don't have time to talk about it. Now all you gotta do is take this package..."

Christopher

Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
If you watched the 70's TV show The Rockford Files, this was where Jim had his trailer parked.

Has anyone ever had their Airstream here at some point and taken a photo of it in roughly the same position where Rockford's trailer was, with the restaurant and pier in the background?

It's just a nutty thing that I plan to do whenever I make it to the west coast and wanted to know if anyone had done the same thing. Post the photo if you did.

Maybe some shifty guy with beady eyes and a beard walked up to you and said, "Hey listen I've got this great scheme worked up and I'm willing to cut you in for 10% only becuase you and I go way back. Also I am way too hot right now, but I don't have time to talk about it. Now all you gotta do is take this package..."

Christopher
I only know of one "Paradise Cove".

It's on the island of Oahu, and provides a great luau and polynesian show.

A "must" place to visit.

Andy

Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I only know of one "Paradise Cove".

It's on the island of Oahu,

Andy
Pick up the Hollywood issue of Vanity Fair and read all about the Paradise Cove that blikcd is talking about. This one is one point away from the Malibu movie colony. Trailers there go for several million. It's got its own private beach and surfspot, in addition to a bunch of starlets living there. I once visited Otis Chandler there, a surfer who was also the publisher of the LA Times. You never saw a more lux trailer--actually a double wide. We cracked a few waves, then a few beers. Then, sadly, I had to leave Paradise, never to return.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Haven't been to Paradise Cove since the 50s. My dad and I had a 14' boat we used for fishing. We would tow it from our home in Encino, CA, to Paradise Cove where they had a boat lift and launch on the pier. We would fish along the kelp beds. Paradise Cove was not a fancy place in the 50s.

Home | Paradise Cove, Malibu
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote