Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 07:38 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Last ticket

The last ticket I received: 4 yrs ago.
Was going thru an intersection.(red light in Bedford, NH. 78$)
Driving behind a semi truck, who went thru the light as it changed and, my vision was blocked because of the height of the trailer.
As such, I went thru it red, I didn't see it turn red.
No excuse.
BTW, the truck was stopped as well.
ciao.

NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-11-2003, 04:57 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Question Results

Own and carry a gun while traveling, 23.. 52.27%

These numbers are not even close enough to be called skewed~

If it were only possible to re-open the poll??

ciao

NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-11-2003, 08:26 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
When you started the poll, it was set to auto "time out" 7 days after 1/29/03. Did you want it to run longer?

-BobbyW

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
Old 05-11-2003, 08:34 AM   #74
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I wouldn't mind seeing it run a bit longer, however, I am not sure the numbers are exactly skewed. They represent the people on this forum and not the general camping public. Also, it's not a scientific poll. I know most if not all of us are resposible posters and don't post BS and outright lies, however, every forum has it's trolls, this one is no different and who knows how the 1 or 2 posters vote.

At any rate, my whole point is that it's not really scientific and if the vote were to come back, I'm not sure we'd get any further conclusive data that I could bet the farm on.

Just my .02

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 05-11-2003, 08:34 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
It would be...

BobbyW

The results are such that, Yes...plse
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-11-2003, 01:03 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

Packing heat

I am a little surprised that this thread has gone on for so long & is still active. No doubt about it, guns are a hot button subject. And of course none of these polls are "scientifically valid" but they are extremely germane to our little group. How our AS owners/forum participators correlate to all RVers and from thence to all US citizens is anybody's guess but one would be fairly accurate to advise the bad guys to stay away from those shiney silver trailers when choosing their next prey.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:45 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I haven't seen this subject come up lately so I figured it had run it's course. The 55 % figure for carrying a gun does not surprise me and as more people go through concealed carry classes and receive their permits to legally carry a handgun then the figure might rise. The House and Senate are now looking at a national reciprocity whereby States will honor all other States permits to carry rather than the current written agreements between selected states with similar criteria. Some States I would never visit in with/without an RV or with/without a weapon solely due to their oppressive gun laws.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
Old 05-11-2003, 06:07 PM   #78
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
For those who think no one should carry a gun obviously have never exp crime, assault, or may be a passivist.

I don't worry about people having guns. I look at Texas and wonder how they can pack heat on the street like we wear our shoes. I doubt seriously that folks that pack the heat there have as many problems as those who don't.

At any rate, if you are not breaking the law, you should have little to worry about.

I will say though that if the folks on the this forum frequent the A/S found at campgrounds, then they/we would not be ones to mess with....

Being one that vists many rustic campgrounds in the middle of nowhere, the government, as Chuck Heston says, can pry my arms "out of my cold dead hand." It's in the constitution and until otherwise re-written, I say pack away! For those that say the constitution was written for a different time, you might as well just rip up the whole document since if anything, it makes more sense to carry a gun now more than ever due to all the crime. The jails are full of offenders. Some rightly placed, perhaps some not.

Nice to see the heat packing folks are still at 50+%.

Regards,

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 05-11-2003, 06:19 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

Exclamation still packin'

Just remember, it is illegal to carry a concealed handgun over state lines, I learned the hard way, and I had a permit for concealed weapons in my state. Just a thought for those of you still leary check out www.aimtoprotect.com or org. I forget. You don't need a firearm if you already have fealony charges and what not.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #80
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Good point. Absolutly true.

Eric
Old 05-11-2003, 08:07 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
You can carry a handgun or long gun across state lines as long as you abide by the law the state you are carrying it into. I have carried across several states that honor the Texas License.

You can still transport one in your checked luggage on a commercial airline flight if it is declared and packed properly.

If it is a handgun, and the state that you are traveling into honors concealed permit reciprocity, it is even easier.

Visit www.packing.org

And in Texas, we do not Pack Heat. We Conceal Carry with a "CHL" or Concealed Handgun License.

-BobbyW

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
Old 05-11-2003, 08:16 PM   #82

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
> For those who think no one should carry a gun obviously have > never exp crime, assault, or may be a passivist.

I just have to say I have never, nor has anyone I know or am related to, ever experienced a situation where a handgun would have made a difference. I think crime stats can make you feel like the risk is much greater than it actually is, when really, a criminal assault of any kind is a very rare event. Maybe if you live in a big city like Chicago or NY it might be different.

However, I certainly wouldn't trample on anyone's right to carry a weapon. As long as they handle it responsibly, it's no matter to me one way or the other. I just think it would be an extremely rare occurance where you would need one. I hear about a lot more people getting hurt in freak accidents on the freeway, I've never heard of anyone being attacked by bandits in the woods.

And Silvertwinkie, did you say you don't obey the seatbelt laws? I didn't need a law to tell me to wear a seatbelt. Saved my life twice already at least.

Old 05-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Stephanie,
Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones who has not had a bad experience or known someone who has. All it takes is one time! A coworkers 18 yr. old son dropped him off at a store and then went to gas up his car. A "crackhead" from Nashville, TN. traveling with another nut pulled a gun on him after he finished gassing up and stole his car. If his dad, a Firearms Instructor like me, had been there then there would have been one less criminal to worry about. This happened in a small town 12 miles north of my residence. There are meth labs cropping up left and right in TN. and there is no telling what some of these people might do.

I worked in 2 max. sec. prisons for 14 1/2 yrs. so I know that many of these people could not care less about your life. It is all about them. I'm here to tell you that if it is them or me then I don't intend to end up in the ground without a fight. It is better to be prepared and not need it then come up short. You just keep believing that nothing will ever happen to you and a gun will never make the difference---I hope you never have to experience what some people have been put through.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
Old 05-11-2003, 09:33 PM   #84
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyW

And in Texas, we do not Pack Heat. We Conceal Carry with a "CHL" or Concealed Handgun License.

-BobbyW
Hey Bobby, that's pretty sophisticated talk.

Republic of Texas? I didn't realize that you all ceceeded from the union!

Eric

Closed Thread