Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #295
Rivet Master
1976 25' Tradewind
. , AZ to Maine
Gun Control for this Airstreamer

I must be confused.

Gun control is having quick safe access, holding a steady firm grip and a well placed shot into a proper target.
2 gun safes for the Airstream?
Shhhh, that is secret.
The wife is a better shot than me. Heck, the kids are better shots than me. I'm just ugly like the dogs.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #296
2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
[quote=dmreilly10000] ........I would like to bring my Airstream to Arkansas, it is a beautiful state, but in the wisdom of their legislature, they will not recognize my state's concealed weapons permit. By By Arkansas. Tennesee is also a beautiful state that does recognize my permit and would appreciate my money spent on vacation.............

According to the current Arkansas State Police website ( Arkansas State Police | Regulatory Services ), Arkansas currently honors a CWP from Mississippi and 27 other states. Please reconsider bypassing Arkansas, as you will be missing some beautiful country.

After retiring with 33 years in LE and having seen the worst that humanity can dish out, I would not venture anywhere without a weapon within reach. Over the years I have seen more than a few instances where a firearm prevented an assault, or worse.

The one that still sticks in my mind after 23 years is the call we had of a nurse on her way to the hospital becoming the object of a sexual attack. She was on her way to her 11pm hospital shift when just outside of town (no streetlights) smoke started pouring out from under her car hood. (broken radiator hose) She pulled over and raised the hood. A male in a pickup pulled over in front of her vehicle in the darkness and walked back, she thought, to help her. Instead, he pushed her on her back across her front seat, getting on top of her. As he was trying to remove assorted clothing, she reached into her purse on the passenger side floor and pulled out a PPK 380. She managed to get a leg under the assailant and as she kicked him out the driver's door, she emptied the magazine at him. When we got to the scene, she was shaking, but unhurt. The assailant and his veh were long gone. We never found him, but had she not taken the responsibility for her own well being, we would have at least a rape, or worst case scenerio, a missing person, likely deceased. At least this incident had a happy ending. Just one incident I distinctly remember.

Its not being paranoid, just prepared. The passage of HR 218 making nationwide concealed carry availabe to active and retired police officers takes the uncertainty out of where and where not to carry. At least for some of us. I would like to see a nationwide CWP law in the same manner.

As stated in earlier posts: Its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If you run across me somewhere out in our big country, you will never know I am carrying.

Sorry to dig up an old thread from the graveyard, but I didn't want anyone from Mississippi to miss out on seeing the Natural State because of misinformation.

Weapon of choice: Glock 29 10mm

As an old school cop once told me: "If I ever have to shoot someone, I don't want to hear them say "ouch!" I want to see them fall over and their eyes roll back in their head!"

(NRA Police Firearms Instructor, NRA Life Member)

Also, I don't remember who posted it, but they couldn't be more right when they stated the litigation following a shoot will be your worst nightmare.

Just my .02's worth. Happy travels.

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 AM   #297
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
AMEN Razorback!

It would be a shame to miss your beautiful state and a shame not to be able to protect yourself should the need ever arise.

NRA Lifetime

"Live free or die"
"Victory or death"
In dog years, I'm dead!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #298
Rivet Master
Here's what I just bought. Came in to my gun dealer on Saturday. Now have to wait the madatory 8 days before I can take it home. .45 long Colt, that's enough stopping power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sage1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	47810  
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #299
3 Rivet Member
2010 28' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
If you truely need a defensive weapon, not an ego trip, go Shotgun, # 6, 2 00 buck,3 slugs.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #300
4 Rivet Member
1962 16' Bambi
Newtown Square , Pennsylvania
Hi jkcru,
I agree, but unless you're wearing a longcoat, it's a bit hard to conceal! Great in the house weapon.
1962 16' Bambi (sold )
1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Airforums# 7906, WBCCI #4248, WDCU
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #301
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
BE ALERT!! In the area just south of Ohio, an A/S owner stopped at a rest stop and was invited to join others in a little poker game going on. Unfortunately, all involved in the game were hitting on travelers and taking their money. The State Police in several states are trying to catch these guys........they are constantly on the move. Be aware of their presence in any rest stop you may stop at - they sad part of the story is the A/S owner losing his/her money but the State Police are also arresting them for gambling. Just can't win - I can imagine such a confrontation ending up with someone wishing they had a gun with them. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #302
4 Rivet Member
1953 25' Cruiser
Brandon (near reservoir) , Mississippi
Originally Posted by razorback

According to the current Arkansas State Police website ( Arkansas State Police | Regulatory Services ), Arkansas currently honors a CWP from Mississippi and 27 other states. Please reconsider bypassing Arkansas, as you will be missing some beautiful country.
You are correct!! This is very good news. However, I went to the Mississippi permit site and they don't list it. I sent an e-mail to enquire about it. I will post what they say. Hopefully, they just haven't updated their website. (I realize that it doesn't really matter what Mississippi says, as long as Arkansas says it's OK)

Mississippi doesn't require a training class, Arkansas does. I have been told that in the past, this is why they didn't honor Miss. permits.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for the update. I will definately reconsider. Arkansas, here I come.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #303
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Originally Posted by summerkid
Sure beats having all 3,500 students at my college armed & ready to shoot. I have absolutely no patience with people who oppose gun control.
Last summer in Minneapolis three youths held up and executed a young man in a busy area of resturants and stores. When shots rang out one witness said he was surprised how many concealed guns came out. Said it felt good to know they weren't laying on the ground helpless. My Wife and I frequent that area as there are some really good places to eat there. I always carry there.

As to the opposition to CCLs, don't bother argueing with them and letting them drag you down their level where they can beat you with their experience.
There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #304
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Those of you that live in a some what freeer part of the country don't know how lucky you are.

Here in New Jersey we expel 1st graders for drawing a gun on scrap paper or 4 4 kinder graders who played cops and robbers in the schoolyard while using their fingers as guns.

Now just across the river in Pa 2 junkyard dealers shot and killer a robber last week without charges.

Watch out New Jersey along with New York exports this thinking.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #305
Desert Fox
1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Thumbs up Hi All,

In Arizona we can get a carry permit after you attend safety class ($75) and buy a permit for 5 years ($65).
As far as Mexico goes they do not have any crime by guns since it is the same with Canada. I understand that murder rate in Canada by gun went up a lot and the murder rate in Mexico is going trough the roof.
When I was kid Uncle Stalin and Uncle Adolf baned all guns from the civilian population. The murder rate was asronomical. Just ask anyone who survided the second world war.
The only people that fear guns are the politicians and criminals. Maybe they are the same in som cases.
Regards from Russell in windy Tucson Az.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #306
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Right on Russell. Take away our well armed American citizenry and I would fear the politicians as much as the criminals.
In dog years, I'm dead!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #307
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Found this on the RV Travel website

RVing Canada

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

RVer's Motorhome Impounded Over Canada Gun Violation

The moral of the story may be: Don't lie to the customs folk.

James Yarbro, a church elder from Alabama should have known better than to "fib" about packing a pistol when he and his wife pulled off the ferry in [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Nova [COLOR=orange! important]Scotia[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. The 67 year old had already one chance to come clean: When rolling his [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]motorhome[/COLOR][/COLOR] onto the ferry he had to fill out a form that declared he was not carrying a firearm. He checked the box that indicated he wasn't. His last chance was when he spoke to Canadian officials who directly asked if he was carrying a weapon. Nope.

Not quite: Customs officials who inspected Yarbro's motorhome found a .357 magnum in the overhead compartment not far from the [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]driver's [COLOR=orange! important]seat[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. That's a no-no north of the Lower 48. Yarbro found out it isn't nice to fib to the officers. Mr. Yarbro's motorhome was impounded by the Maple Leaf officials; Yarbro himself had to appear in the Queen's court to explain his behavior.

After pleading guilty to failing to report his weapon, Yarbro paid a $500 fine. That was far from the end of the matter: He was nicked an additional $500 for failing to safely store the weapon; and to get his motorhome back, Yarbro had to pony up an additional $1,000. It's not clear whether Yarbro ever got his big pistol back. Reporters met the Yarbros at the ferry dock as they headed back to Maine. It might be understandable that when queried about his exploits, Yarbro commented: "I just really donít want to talk to you anymore," he said. "I want to get home and I donít want to talk to anybody up here about anything else."

Before carrying a weapon to [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Canada[/COLOR][/COLOR], visit the official website on these matters.
Barry & Donna
Life is short - so is the door on a '51 Flying Cloud (ouch)
Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #308
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
I am happy to know that our neighbors to the north do not have a crime problem similar to ours. seems to no longer be online. Instead I now use this one.

U.S. Concealed Carry Association

They have all the information.

There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

Closed Thread