Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Pacific NorthWest spots?

I'm thinking of summering in the Pacific NorthWest. Either Oregon or Washington States.
I'm looking to benefit from your advice if you've been there, as I've learned that not all parks are properly reviewed, have accurate feedback, or good web sites.
I'm fulltiming, but also do a lot of work from my laptop. I'm looking for a pleasant spot(s) that have reasonable monthly-based rent, access to WiFi or cable for high-speed data, and hopefully near to a good grocery store (by "good" I mean organic food, healthy food).
I'm flexible on the location or types of activities that are nearby. So it could be on the coast, or inland, near a big city or not, as long as my basic needs are met and it's well-run.
Thanks in advance for any tips you can share!
lbdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort gets my recommendation. Beautiful area with lots to see and do. Maybe not the most 'reasonable' rent, but worth every penny. They even provide regular curb-side trash pickup.
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
I just discovered a blog by a member of the forum that might be of interest to you: The Small Small Trailer | Weekend adventures in our 16 ft. Airstream Bambi
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
You might want to try the RV park at the port of Port Townsend (Washington) -- portofpt.com. My avatar is a picture from that park. The park is right on the beach has great views of the shipping lanes and is walking distance from town. They have many activities through the year at Port Townsend. I know they have monthly rates in the winter, not sure about the summer time.

There are many other RV parks on the Olympic Peninsula which is a great place to visit.
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Do your plans include moving from area to area? Oregon and Washington are divided into easst and west because of the mountain range. Do you want salt water or horse country?
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Bganso, Thanks! This park looks great, and I like the idea of sunny weather.
Diego, thank you for the blog: They review a lot of parks so I have a lot of reading to do.
10Smiles, Port Townsend sounds very nice. They do not have reduced monthly rates during the summer. (works out to about $1085/mo high season)
Mike, I am not sure about east or west. I like the idea of dryer weather, but also like mild temperatures, so I could go either way. There are charms to both. Maybe I'll try both!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Lynn

2005 25' Safari
Beaverton , Oregon
summering in the Great Pacific NW

I've lived in Oregon my entire life and must say Oregon has some of the nicest State and Private Parks in the country. If your not certain where to stay, my recommendation is to visit one of the many websites on Oregon. One my favorites is (traveloregon.com. )
Have a great time while visiting!

Lynn
aliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Longview , Washington
I also lived in Oregon and Washington all my life. Keep in mind eastern parts of both states get purity warm in the summer time. Like in the 100’s, stick to the western part of the either state. The coastal areas are beautiful in the summer. Lots of places for full time RV living.
Thisisliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
1988 25' Excella
1967 20' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
Washington Land Yacht Harbor in Olympia/Lacey Washington. Full hookups, always spaces available.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Wow. I haven't been at an all-Airstream park before. This sounds great! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdogmom View Post
Washington Land Yacht Harbor in Olympia/Lacey Washington. Full hookups, always spaces available.