Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Overnight Parking I-65 TN and/or Northern Alabama

Good afternoon everyone!

We are in the planning stages for a trip to Top Sail and plan to travel down I-65. We normally overnight at the Wal-Mart in Franklin, TN, thanks to a recommendation of another Forums member some years ago. We feel very safe there and it is rather easy on/off the interstate.

However, this time we are going to try getting an earlier start in the am (leaving home) so that we can drive a little further down the road in order that on the second day we can arrive at Top Sail a little earlier to set up before dark.

We are thinking we'd like to get to somewhere between Pulaski, TN and Decatur, AL -- perferably Decatur, AL, but it would all depend upon our timing of getting through various larger cities and their rush hour traffic.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to overnight in these areas? I will search for Wal-Marts/Cracker Barrels/Cabellas (I think I've heard that Cabellas allows overnighting, but not certain), but was thinking if anyone already knows of some safe overnight place, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote