Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1967 20' Globetrotter
Manhattan Beach , California
Outside 'stuff' - table, chairs, ground cover?

I bought a '67 Globetrotter that is nearly gutted. But, we want to use it as a "tin trailer" this summer. I'm trying to purchase items that we can use now and also after we have a renovated trailer!

So, any recos for lightweight tables? chairs? ground cover? We want to expand the living area as we travel. There are 4 of us and the Globetrotter isn't that big LOL! We live in SoCal and like to be outside year round..

For now, I bought some inexpensive "green grass" from Home Depot to make a living space. My kids have been having sleepovers in the trailer. We also put fun party lights on the awning.

Any other recos?

lisamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
Sounds like you're ready for some fun. I have a friend who had an older trailer that wasn't exactly gutted (though it should have been) and she & her daughters had a blast camping in it... no worries about breaking expensive, fragile components .... no worries about getting things dirty.... just fun.

I don't really have any novel ideas for you - as most of my trailer was inntact and the outdoor stuff is really *outdoorsy*. Though I have kept some items from my tent camping kits and my old *hurricane preparedness* stuff. That's probably not what you're looking for.... but here are some links to treads that discuss *essentials* for our trailers. Maybe these will spark some ideas for you.

Good luck - please post some pics of your trailer and the fun you have with her!

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #3

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
This has come in handy at the campsite....EZ-Sales 4-Person Roll Up Table Got ours at Camping World.

The one for $59.95....
AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
I too have the roll-up table. Unlike card tables, when folded up, it is a shape that can easily be carried, and can easily be stored in many locations.

I have some chairs of different sizes that are similar to this one: Pink Folding Chair: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Some people find them a little uncomfortable but they work for us. I have found that the individual chairs are more useful than the combination of two chairs and a table as a single unit that is sometimes sold.

We also have the Zip-Dee chairs but they are expensive and may be difficult to store unless your trailer has a compartment specifically for them.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
1967 20' Globetrotter
Manhattan Beach , California
Thanks for all the input! My kids are 12 and 8 and I decided it would be so fun to travel with the Airstream and NOT worry about messing anything up! It's not exactly gutted, I bought if from a PR company and it was used on a National PR Tour. It's all silver inside and is set up like a lounge. Either end has FUR, yes FUR on the walls! One side has pink fur and an orange loungy couch. The other side has blue fur on the walls and a green day bed. So, there are places to sleep and sit. But, it's nothing I will keep.

Today I bought 2 storage cubes/seats from Target....they can be seats and store things.

I'll share pictures early next week. My daughter's b'day party/sleepover is in the trailer this weekend. It's now decorated with peace signs of various colors LOL! We went with a travel theme and all of the girls are getting styrofoam coolers for goody bags filled with "travel" items: pillow cases, sunglasses, etc.

Thanks, again!
lisamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
I have a small folding aluminum camp table I found at WalMart. We use it all the time. We used our Coleman air mattresses on our first Airstream outing when it was in the "aluminum tent" stage. The wood floor will get mighty hard around 3am if you don't have a good cushion. Finally, if you are going to buy some folding camp chairs, go to a place that has a variety and sit is different brands. Some are just not comfortable and some are great, can't tell by just looking at the pic on the box and really can't always go by price.
Bruce & Rachel
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
For the outdoor life, we have bought a Zip-Dee ground cloth. According to my wife (who bought it) it is discontinued. We bought ours as overstock / surplus from someplace on eBay. It has been great. No tears from chairs on it, doesn't kill grass under it. For a table, we bought a fold-in-half Lifetime table at Lowe's. I think the brand is actually Samsonite, but nevertheless it's a white plastic table that folds in half. It gets hauled in the TV as there's no good place in the AS for it. But, it's well worth hauling around. As for chairs, our are the mid-grade ones from Wal-Mart. Nothing to rave about, but they hold my drink and my @$$, so they work.

WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote