Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Well doesn't look like we're going to make it this weekend. The dealer would have to pull off a miracle tomorrow and I don't think they're even gonna try. I'll let you know if something changes but doesn't look good.

Sorry hate to hear that, if anything changes just let me know. Hope they get you fixed up.

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
The weekend of December 9 there is a rally in Blanco that you may be interested in. Blanco State Park is full but there are a bunch of us staying down the road at Blanco Settlement.

We'd love to have you join us!

Lynn

2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Keller , Texas
Thumbs up

We're headed to Possum Kingdom State Park this weekend, where we managed to snag a couple of lakefront spots ... I'll be interested to see how the recent wildfires have affected the park. According to the ranger we talked with, the park's primitive spots were hit the hardest.

Can't wait to hitch up and spend the weekend outdoors, although the next two days at work are shot for me with anticipation/online browsing/list making ... Happy travels!

If anyone happens to be in the area, stop on by and have a cup of coffee ... we'll be the ones in the '65 Globetrotter with babies and dogs running around.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurrie
The weekend of December 9 there is a rally in Blanco that you may be interested in. Blanco State Park is full but there are a bunch of us staying down the road at Blanco Settlement.

We'd love to have you join us!

Lynn
Wish we could. Looks like the family Christmas party is that Saturday. Thank you for the invite.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Hate to hear you have to cancel. No one likes to do that. We will be heading up to Alamo Fiesta RV park in Boerne for Thanksgiving weekend. Chance to get away and a couple kids and grandkids will be dragging their popup as well. Feel free to swing by and say hello if you are out and about. We have never been there but State parks were full (we waited too long I guess)
Then we will be in Blanco for the little get together lcurrie mentioned above. Good time of year for us down in the lower half...

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Do you know if you can camp at Luckenbach? I'm pretty sure I've seen trailers there before but not positive.
Ronnie - I seem to rmember there being some kind of RV facility "near" Lukenbach, but it's been a while. I'd go on to Fredericksburg, which does book up to full in winter so make your reservations soon as you can. Lukenbach is maybe 30 minutes or less away, and if there is no live music going on, plan on no more than 90 minutes at most. Fredericksburg is a fun town, a great Christmas celebration, good shopping, a brew pub / restaurant that is lots of fun also. I'd also strongly suggest a trip over to Jounson City (LBJ's birthpllace & locaction of he & Ladybird's family cemetary & ranch, which is now a state park & normally open for tourism) & the Christmas lights display at the local electric utility (PEC). This being Texas after all, I'm told they string well over 750,000 lights up in the HUGE old oak trees. You can see the place from a good distance just from the lights glowing off the atmosphere. I'd bet it's visable from space!! Horse drawn buggy rides are available from the town square to the light display, mostly for kids & I think too expensive for the amount of time you are actually in the coach. Might be fun tho if you've never ridden in a horse drawn carriage.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #21
Retired Fishing Guide

2005 28' Classic
Port O'Connor , Republic of Texas
Ronnie , Our unit , Texas Coastal Plains Unit # 155 is having our New Years Rally in Bellville TX at Coshatte RV Ranch starting on the 30th -1 st (with early parking on the29th)
WBCCI # 3133
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Commerce , Texas
Which RV park in Frederickburg would you recommend?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Fresno , Texas
Hey Cap-N-Red,

Room for one more AS? I am a newbie, but want to get out to some Rallies and meet everyone (and learn as we go). We just picked up our new trailer, a 2012 25' FC, a couple of weeks ago. We're going to the Piney Woods Rally next weekend. It will be our first ever Rally. Can't wait!

Bellville is just a hop and skip for us (we're in the Bayou City). Camped there a couple of times in a tent, but this would be way better. Love that BlueBell homemade vanilla ice cream, too.

End of the year is a great time to camp in Texas!
--
TrailDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap-N-Red View Post
Ronnie , Our unit , Texas Coastal Plains Unit # 155 is having our New Years Rally in Bellville TX at Coshatte RV Ranch starting on the 30th -1 st (with early parking on the29th)
Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymyers56 View Post
Which RV park in Frederickburg would you recommend?
I like the park on Highway Street. It is a nice clean park and closest in to downtown.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #25
airperson

2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
We are in Fort Worth and are looking forward to going father south before the really cold weather starts in. Have looked on the map and Highway 77 looks like it might be a good road down to the Valley or over to South Padre Island. Has anyone used 77? I don’t want to take the freeway if I don’t have to. I was also wondering about the availability of diesel on 77 and does anyone know of any good campgrounds in the Valley or on South Padre.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #26
airperson

2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
Perhaps, I should also ask if the Valley in Texas is too crowded in the winter. What do you guy feel about going on over to Fla. Would appreciate some pros and cons on this topic.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
Retired Fishing Guide

2005 28' Classic
Port O'Connor , Republic of Texas
As far as the availability of diesel on 77. No problem there. There are many "Winter Texans" that come to the valley every year. I guess it would depend on your diffenition of crowded. I don't think it's as bad as Florida pricewise at least.
WBCCI # 3133
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #28
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
US-281 is the better choice by far over US-77. Less traffic, more scenic, more attractive in all ways. I drive them both pretty regularly.

Take US-67 from Ft. Worth to the cut-off to Hico, TX (you can take a break at the famous Koffee Kup). Southbound from here is one of the most pleasant roads in all of Texas. (Marble Falls offers the Bluebonnet Cafe).

There are a multitude of ways in and around San Antonio. But take IH-37 from Loop 410 (diesel at Loop 1604/Elmendorf just south of 410) all the way to George West, TX, to re-connect with US-281. Exit 56 or so (check X no.) onto US-59, thence a short jump west to 281. The stretch between Three Rivers and GW isn't worth it.

There are convenience stores/diesel available at both Alice, TX (look up the story of "Box 13") and Falfurrias, TX big enough to take any RV combination.

As to whether or not Florida, well, search out the small roads that hug the coast all the way to that state. Rockport, TX is a popular snowbird location, so continue on past Seadrift, Freeport, Galveston, High Island, TX, Sabine Pass, TX thence to Cameron, LA and Houma, LA to drive the the Louisiana coast as well. Etc.

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote