Old 06-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #15
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Well, we're in Cascade, ID this evening. We have spent the last several days at Brooke's parents' house, in Nampa, ID. We wanted to have a gettogether, along with Brooke's sister and her two boys, for Brooke's mother's birthday. Brooke's parents have a Monaco Class C motorhome, and we caravanned up here. It took us about two and a half hours to get here, at Water's Edge RV Park. What a beautiful area. The Payette River, as well as the Snake River, is running really high. We'll be up here until Sunday, then back down to Nampa for a few days. We're leaving Idaho on the 30th and heading up to McKenna RV Park, in Oceanside, WA for two days, then down to Coos Bay, OR for the 4th. I don't know if we'll pass by the Intl. Rally, but it'd be neat to see it. That's all for now.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Hello from Cascade again. This is our last day here. Brooke is making snocones for the kids. We all went fishing yesterday, for Rainbow Trout. I spent the better part of eight hours in the great outdoors, enjoying the scenery, not really caring if I caught anything or not. Incidentally, I didn't catch a thing, with the exception of a pretty bad sunburn. We got back to the Sovereign at around 6:45 PM, and I was feeling nauseous, so I layed down on the couch. Brooke put a blanket on me, because I was shivering, and I dozed off a bit.

THIS PART IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR ALL PARENTS:

Brooke and I had assumed that Michael was over at her parents' motorhome. At around 9:00 PM, Brooke called for Michael, so she could give him his bath, but there was no answer. Again, we thought that he was over at her parents' motorhome. At 9:30, a group of people came over to our campsite, with Michael crying, asking us if he was our son. It turns out that Michael had managed to get into a canoe and push off into the Payette River (we're still trying to figure out how a six-year old had the strength to do it). The canoe drifted into the river and to the bridge. People heard his cries for help, and a boy from the Church group here at the campground dove in to the water and pulled him to safety.

The lesson learned here is never assume that your child is somewhere safe. Brooke & I were very fortunate that Michael's canoe didn't flip over. Even with his limited swimming skills, he would have drowned. We couldn't imagine our lives without that little guy. He and Renee are our life. Michael has Pervasive Developmental Disorder, which mirrors Autism, so he didn't understand that he could have been hurt.

I feel like I am the worst parent in the world right now. Brooke & I are extremely protective of Michael, but we will be doubly so now.

In the hope that our future camping experiences are happier,

Frederic & Brooke

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote