Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Likewise the I-5 and 405 in California

Thank you, yes,Bandit is a handsome boxer (he is a rescue with a tail).....he is suffering from the heat here in OK City.....as we are.....we have a doggie day care for him for tomorrow when Ed speaks at the OK Bar Association.

I am thinking we just might as well stay off the Interstate Highways when we can.....I thought that they were just bad in California but it seems they are bad in many places around the country.

Trying to decide how to get from Oklahoma City to Kansas City.....I-35 north to 50 or I-44 east to Joplin and north from there? Anyone have a suggestion? Or just try backroads all the way? Please, does anyone have a recommendation? Would appreciate it. Thanks, paula

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #30
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Are you taking him to Campbowwow? Our pups loved it when we boarded them there. I should probably introduce myself I am Shawn's wife.

Depends on if you want to pay tolls or not? I am not sure what condition joplin is in either.

check to make sure you can cross the river we had a horrible time getting across the MO river into Nebraska and Kansas a week ago

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Hi Nicki

Where is camp bowwow?

Lucky dog lodge is the current plan.

It is too hot here.
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 07-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #32
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
camp bowow is in Edmund off Kelley and something. they have a website...

Find a Location - Camp Bow Wow - Camp Bow Wow - Edmond

if I remember correctly, you might have to jump through a few hoops - vaccination records and he has to be observed for a few hours in the daycare by appt but once in he can stay at any campbowwow in the state.

might be easier to just stay with lucky dog lodge

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
It is way too hot here. I am wishing for South dakota... again....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
We are going south of the river east of KC so we don't need to cross the muddy MO

We are looking for smoother roads...so we can go east then north or north and then east........thanks, p

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Are you taking him to Campbowwow? Our pups loved it when we boarded them there. I should probably introduce myself I am Shawn's wife.

Depends on if you want to pay tolls or not? I am not sure what condition joplin is in either.

check to make sure you can cross the river we had a horrible time getting across the MO river into Nebraska and Kansas a week ago
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #35
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
We are looking for smoother roads...so we can go east then north or north and then east........thanks, p
I-35 wasn't too bad north of OkC. We haven't been on Eastbound I-44 in over a year but I don't remember it being as bad as I-40. I-40 is by far the worst.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Doggie Day Care

All of the day doggie care places we have been to have had Bandit in for a test for aggression. Of course, he always passes because he just wants to play.....he does not have to be top dog......I wish there was some sort of test that we could take that he could earn a license for the doggie day care....sort of like a driver license issued by the state.....but, no, we have to go through that each time.......we travel with up to date shots---even have a rattlesnake shot......but we know he will pass so we don't really mind except when they charge for the screening.

In Tigard, OR near Portland they even told us to go on-line and get a coupon for first visit free....so we had him bathed before pick-up.....Only problem seems to be he comes home exhausted and that is usually a good thing unless the free dog play is too stressful.....they have to be on alert all day.....there are pros and cons, I guess.

Thanks for the info.....we went to Walmart in Edmond tonight....it is a Super store, designed on the outside to look like all of the individual stores they put out of business....I have never been in a store like that in my life, it is huge.......we were just looking for a supermarket for groceries....paula

Quote:
camp bowow is in Edmund off Kelley and something. they have a website...

Find a Location - Camp Bow Wow - Camp Bow Wow - Edmond

if I remember correctly, you might have to jump through a few hoops - vaccination records and he has to be observed for a few hours in the daycare by appt but once in he can stay at any campbowwow in the state.

might be easier to just stay with lucky dog lodge
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #37
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
All of the day doggie care places we have been to have had Bandit in for a test for aggression. Of course, he always passes because he just wants to play.....he does not have to be top dog......I wish there was some sort of test that we could take that he could earn a license for the doggie day care....sort of like a driver license issued by the state.....but, no, we have to go through that each time.......we travel with up to date shots---even have a rattlesnake shot......but we know he will pass so we don't really mind except when they charge for the screening.

In Tigard, OR near Portland they even told us to go on-line and get a coupon for first visit free....so we had him bathed before pick-up.....Only problem seems to be he comes home exhausted and that is usually a good thing unless the free dog play is too stressful.....they have to be on alert all day.....there are pros and cons, I guess.

Thanks for the info.....we went to Walmart in Edmond tonight....it is a Super store, designed on the outside to look like all of the individual stores they put out of business....I have never been in a store like that in my life, it is huge.......we were just looking for a supermarket for groceries....paula
If you ever do the Camp bowwow keep the certificate in case you go to another branch. Sasha is so old they put her in with the small dogs and Drake, for the most part, can't be bothered. Although he's been known to play with a chihuhua.

It seems that most everything is a small hike from this RV park but it's a really nice one so small price.
Homeland, Akins (natural, organic, health food), buy for less, crest are the other grocery stores.

The walmart super store both a blessing and curse. Everything you could possibly think you want under one roof..... There is also a Super Target near quail springs mall of North Penn Ave.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Glad to see you got out of Colorado without hail or a flood (and we left the Front Range yesterday unscathed). If we'd had the storms we are having the past 10 days back in June when the runoff was much higher, big floods would have happened. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I will follow you along.

A couple of years ago I-70 in southern Ill. was bad.

Gene
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #39
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
It was a pleasure to meet you both! I hope our paths cross again.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #40
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Our view got worse this morning... there is no shiny trailer to gaze upon from under our awning.... hope you are safe.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Thank you for your kind words

Quote:
Our view got worse this morning... there is no shiny trailer to gaze upon from under our awning.... hope you are safe.
We made it to the KC, mo area today with a stop to see the Will RogersMuseum in Claremore,Ok.

We so enjoyed meeting you guys and hated to say good bye. We took i44 to us71. I44 was a toll road-about $20 from Ok City to Joplin. There was some construction but the road was pretty smooth.

We are parked at my brothers home and we have some relief from the heat and our
boxer is appreciative. Also no rain or hail. We sort of miss the daily rain we had in Colorado. It cooled things down. I don't think Uwe had triple digit temperatures in mind when he built our tailer. I know we didn't.

Can't say enough how nice it was to find fellow Airstreamers with children and dogS in Ok City. It helped with the heat somehow. Sort of felt like we were wagon train travelers sharing trail experiences. We sure hope we meet again. Keep us posted where you are going please. Perhaps we will meet on our return to the west. Paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
Old 07-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #42
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Glad you made it safely and the roads were good.

I don't think anyone had triple digits temps when they designed the Airstream ! It did feel this to have company to share our miseries with. Talking to you two made us forget the heat for awhile. Luckily we get to leave tomorrow and head to a shaded campground... full shade. Not to mention the grandparents house to retreat too... heavenly.

I will let you know when we get the trip planned as we would love to run into you again. I finally met the other Airstreamer last night and got to visit her stream. She has the Ocean Breeze and though I never liked the pictures of that decor, I really liked it in person.

Keep in touch!

TAC OK-42

]