Old 10-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
I'm considering this mod for my 2017 International 25FB.

The Samsung BD-J5100 DVD Player in the trailer, while "smart" will not do streaming WiFi, only Ethernet connected Internet. So I'd either need to install an Apple TV or upgrade to the Samsung BD-J5700 with WiFi to get Netflix, Hulu etc. I bought a J5700 for my office last week. It was on sale and only $10 more than the J5100.

Apple TV has more to offer than the built-in Samsung apps so I may use your solution.

Question. Both AC or Inverter outlets in the cabinet are taken up by the entertainment system. Are you powering your Blackbird™ 4k 4x2 HDMI with a multi-outlet extension cord?
Yes, I have the Bluray plugged into one of the outlets, and a power strip plugged into the other.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I had a friction bar on my Casita. Made noise when wet but quiet when dry. Did you drive through any rain?

Kelvin
It was raining the whole time we drove to the campground. Dry on the way home, but no difference in groaning...

Old 10-04-2016, 07:22 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
Phil....we head to Algonquin Park quite often and most of the Campgrounds there don't have water hookups. So, I created this solution. Got a 40 gallon water/chemical container from TSC. Purchased a 12V aquarium water pump, 2 pieces of 5/8" braided hose.....a 15' and a 10' length plus connector, and a long 12V cigarette lighter extension cord, from Princess Auto. Container fits nicely in the bed of the Tundra, can fill up at some spigot, drive back to AS, back in, drop small pump into container and run hose to fresh water tank. Plug into cigarette lighter socket and water flows to AS. Last trip to Thunder Bay, didn't have the water container, so bought a 20 gallon garbage can and just made more trips. No lugging or lifting with this system.

That's cool - thanks for the tip!
Old 10-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo1952 View Post
Was Andy at Can Am ok with your TV
Did they supply you with a hitch or reinforce the factory
installed one ? I would love to tow with a Highlander but
underpowered ??
I am looking to purchase a 25 FC FB, TOO much trailer
for HL to handle ?
Is the Highlander one of the setups can am has for trying out?
Do a followup on trailer/TV combo when you have experienced some hills or mountains. Really interested in update
Andy inspected our TV before we purchased because we had expressed some concern. He was not concerned. We had a third-party receiver installed a couple of years ago for a bike rack, and he bolstered some of the under-body stuff. The highlander was not one of the setups they have to try out. I will post back when we've done more towing.