Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
There's nothing wrong with the eazlift. A little noise is worth it, although mine is very quiet probably because I use little WD.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I had a friction bar on my Casita. Made noise when wet but quiet when dry. Did you drive through any rain?

Kelvin
Old 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Phil....we head to Algonquin Park quite often and most of the Campgrounds there don't have water hookups. So, I created this solution. Got a 40 gallon water/chemical container from TSC. Purchased a 12V aquarium water pump, 2 pieces of 5/8" braided hose.....a 15' and a 10' length plus connector, and a long 12V cigarette lighter extension cord, from Princess Auto. Container fits nicely in the bed of the Tundra, can fill up at some spigot, drive back to AS, back in, drop small pump into container and run hose to fresh water tank. Plug into cigarette lighter socket and water flows to AS. Last trip to Thunder Bay, didn't have the water container, so bought a 20 gallon garbage can and just made more trips. No lugging or lifting with this system.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Harrisburg , Pennsylvania
Hello Phil, just curious did the dealer set up tow mount on your highlander? Do they sell different versions in Canada because the highlanders here have a max towing capacity of 5000 lbs. I have a 2016 27 FB international and it's a 7600lb trailer that I tow with a duramax. Thx
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Lincolnwood , Illinois
Highlander ???

Was Andy at Can Am ok with your TV
Did they supply you with a hitch or reinforce the factory
installed one ? I would love to tow with a Highlander but
underpowered ??
I am looking to purchase a 25 FC FB, TOO much trailer
for HL to handle ?
Is the Highlander one of the setups can am has for trying out?
Do a followup on trailer/TV combo when you have experienced some hills or mountains. Really interested in update
Milo1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo1952 View Post
underpowered ??
for HL to handle ?
Do a followup on trailer/TV combo when you have experienced some hills or mountains. Really interested in update
Andy is famous for setting up vehicles to tow Airstreams, vehicles that some of us would probably never consider. He seems to make them work.

Power is one thing but stability going down grades and in heavy winds is another.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:17 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi View Post
We picked up our 2015 28 ft International from Can Am on July 15th. We have done 20 days of camping to date. we found that we could go 4 days on the water tank, washing bathroom, no shower used. Haven't used the furnace yet, but AC works fantastic. At Ontario Prov Parks, the hydro connection is between sites and we have had to use a 30 amp extension cord twice. I made up extra wooden blocks as one camp had very uneven ground. Slammed the door on our first trip and it locked itself. Fortunately I had a spare key hidden away. All in all we have had pretty uneventful first trips. Planning winter trip to California and back.
We had the same issue - quite far to the hydro pedestal. I was glad I had purchased a 25' extension!
Philip Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:19 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
Hi Phil.....we to got our FC 26U from Can-am last March. Andy put on the Easy Lift/ Husky system. It handles my Tundra and AS with ease. However, the noise it produces has continually gotten worse....to a point where I gringe when entering a campground. I took my rig back to Can-am last month and asked two of the techs there about the noise and what I could do about it. Grease the ball was one suggestion and of course the 2 nipples on the hitch head. They could offer no other help, saying that that's the nature of the beast....some setups are louder than others. They also stated that because of a great deal of tongue weight, the bars are really torqued up there and that causes a lot of the groining. Suggested I back off on the Husky tension when running less than 80kph. I came away little frustrated. Don

Andy Thompson frequents this forum, so if you read this Andy....what do you say?
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll live with it unless Andy says something different.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
I'm considering this mod for my 2017 International 25FB.

The Samsung BD-J5100 DVD Player in the trailer, while "smart" will not do streaming WiFi, only Ethernet connected Internet. So I'd either need to install an Apple TV or upgrade to the Samsung BD-J5700 with WiFi to get Netflix, Hulu etc. I bought a J5700 for my office last week. It was on sale and only $10 more than the J5100.

Apple TV has more to offer than the built-in Samsung apps so I may use your solution.

Question. Both AC or Inverter outlets in the cabinet are taken up by the entertainment system. Are you powering your Blackbird™ 4k 4x2 HDMI with a multi-outlet extension cord?
Yes, I have the Bluray plugged into one of the outlets, and a power strip plugged into the other.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:21 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I had a friction bar on my Casita. Made noise when wet but quiet when dry. Did you drive through any rain?

Kelvin
It was raining the whole time we drove to the campground. Dry on the way home, but no difference in groaning...
Old 10-04-2016, 06:22 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
Phil....we head to Algonquin Park quite often and most of the Campgrounds there don't have water hookups. So, I created this solution. Got a 40 gallon water/chemical container from TSC. Purchased a 12V aquarium water pump, 2 pieces of 5/8" braided hose.....a 15' and a 10' length plus connector, and a long 12V cigarette lighter extension cord, from Princess Auto. Container fits nicely in the bed of the Tundra, can fill up at some spigot, drive back to AS, back in, drop small pump into container and run hose to fresh water tank. Plug into cigarette lighter socket and water flows to AS. Last trip to Thunder Bay, didn't have the water container, so bought a 20 gallon garbage can and just made more trips. No lugging or lifting with this system.

That's cool - thanks for the tip!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:24 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo1952 View Post
underpowered ??
for HL to handle ?
Andy inspected our TV before we purchased because we had expressed some concern. He was not concerned. We had a third-party receiver installed a couple of years ago for a bike rack, and he bolstered some of the under-body stuff. The highlander was not one of the setups they have to try out. I will post back when we've done more towing.