Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
A 50 to 30 amp adapter, a 30 to 20 amp adapter, two sections of 25' potable water hose I cut one into a 10' and 15' section for the times when I am really close to the supply. A walmart T adapter with a faucet. I connect the potable water to the straight side and a green hose 50' to the faucet. Wally also carries a roll up table that is compact and convient for happy hour. One great thing about our country you are never very far from somewhere that you can purchase what you left behind. Go out with what you think you will need and don't buy the other mess until you have a need for it. I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff that I have given away at flea markets. Enjoy your new Airstream it sounds like a beauty.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Congratulations.

The Airstream is a no-brainer. You'll love it. But congrats as well on the BEST tow vehicle! You'll love it... it makes for effortless towing. What kind of hitch will you be using?

We love our Hensley... though you can read lots of feedback on lots of hitches on here.

Finally, I HATE the leveler crank contraption and carry a cordless power drill with the right size socket... putting out all four levelers takes about a minute with this.

Tom, and Frank
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
1976 31' Sovereign
Robbins , California
Trial Run

Sarmimi,
I know this is short notice but you could go up to the Nor Cal Forum rally at Casini Ranch this weekend and Have plenty of Airstreamers help you out with your trial run. I am sure there would be extra sites available and anything you forget we would probably have. I would love to see you and your trailer and would be more than willing to help in any way that I can. Things are so much less stressful if you have someone to help guide you thru the first time.
We will be leaving in the morning to go over. Come on by we would love to meet you.
Even If you can't bring the trailer you might come over for the day and see how everything is set up.
I have been up thru Montana and Wyo down thru Wash and the Ore coast . I know Big Dee has spent alot of time on the Ore coast and would love to share our experiences with you.

Mike B
1996 F350 CC PSD
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #24
Rivet Master

You will have sooooo much fun. Enjoy!!!!
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
We'll be on the road the first/second week of May 2005, with a tentative intinerary of the following locales:

SF to Yosemite
to Hwy 395 down to Las Vegas
to the Grand Canyon
to Zion Nat'l Park
To Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park
to Arches Nat'l Park
to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos
To Denver and Boulder, CO
to Jackson Hole, WY
to Bozeman and Missoula, MT
to Lake Louise, Banff & Jasper, Canada
to Whistler-Blackombe, Canada
to Vancouver, BC
to Seattle, WA
down the coast of Oregon
back to SF.
OK...I'm showing my newbie colors. I went to reserveamerica to see if I could reserve an RV site at a couple of state parks on our trip. A lot of them were already fully booked. I'm starting to worry about us being able to camp at state parks. What do most of you do? Just go to a private RV camp? We ordered the Woodall's RV Camping Guide, which we hope will help (still yet to receive it).

Any favorite camp grounds you'd recommend on our route? Being able to plan for the trip but having to wait is TORTURE for us!!!

Thanks again!

- M & A & K
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #26
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
If you don't have to or can't 'Plan ahead'

Last Spring/Summer, 16000 + miles around America, I was successful by driving in one direction each day and when I decided where I might end up I would search in Woodalls/and-or/Trailer Campground reference books, call the local number listed and ask if they had a site avaliable.

Many of these campgrounds have spaces that they don't allow to be reserved and are first-come-first-serve basis. Call the ranger or camp host on your cellular, if there is one avaliable - well you may have to rush there and hope it is empty when you arrive. Personally, its exciting for me - not for all!

There is also a National Forest Guide I purchased online that was quite helpful. None of the 'Big-Rigs' can get in to those and many are quite quaint & woodsy.

You also have BLM areas. Someone within our Forum may be able to inform you where to acquire that guide.

On your route, there will always be a commercial campground nearby.

Aditionally, when you get near Seattle, I recommend Anacortes Washington area. There is a great commercial campground http://www.fidalgobay.com/
with wireless internet, and in town a fantastic State Campground in the woods and on the water. Three others nearby. Super day trips around this area - Deception Pass !!!! Yeah!
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We've reported on this campground before on this forum, but we still believe it is a fine central location for enjoying both the Tetons/Jackson Hole and the Yellowstone areas. Flag Ranch is located just south of Yellowstone. It is a large commercial campground that accomodates the largest to the smallest. It offers an excellent lodge with restaurant, gift shop, grocery, and fuel. The campground is not "spacious" but it does offer enough space with pine shade for most sites to make you feel comfortable. Flag Ranch has all the ammenities you need when on the road, in addition to being a comfortable stay while you go day tripping north into Yellowstone or day tripping south into the Tetons. We would stay again. You might check it out since no one can go to this area and just drive through. Gotta stay a few day to take it all in! Your new rig and your trip agenda sound like dreams. Enjoy and keep us posted
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
1980 28' International
Avon , Colorado
Send a message via AIM to rfield54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
We'll be on the road the first/second week of May 2005, with a tentative intinerary of the following locales:

SF to Yosemite
to Hwy 395 down to Las Vegas
to the Grand Canyon
to Zion Nat'l Park
To Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park
to Arches Nat'l Park
to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos
To Denver and Boulder, CO
to Jackson Hole, WY
to Bozeman and Missoula, MT
to Lake Louise, Banff & Jasper, Canada
to Whistler-Blackombe, Canada
to Vancouver, BC
to Seattle, WA
down the coast of Oregon
back to SF.
If you need info on the Moab/Arches area, PM me. You might also consider checking out Canyonlands NP and/or Deadhorse Point SP while your in that area, if you haven't already. I'll be there (Castle Valley, UT) around 4/27 thru 5/10 and again around 5/24 thru 6/2, if you care to meet up or if you need assistance while in the area.

Happy Trails, Roy

AIR #2753

www.roybloomfield.com
rfield54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Thanks!

Once again, thanks for all the info! Besides being happy with finally going on our dream trip, we are even happier to have joined the Airstream family with so many helpful people. I will definitely keep everyone posted on our travels!
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari S/O
North Branford , Connecticut
11/16" for the stab driver

Stephen
stephen.s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Xray = Santa Fe

IM for contact info. Would love to see you.
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote