Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Wink Stick to yor principles!

Jason,
After reading your lengthy post (yes I actually read it all), I am of the opinion that you did not follow a lot of your own advice in this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ing-94568.html

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Jason, quite a day of dealing with bodily fluids and spinning tea cups of death. At least you did have a doctor with you and I hope you had your insurance cards.

Gene
Gene having a wife as a doctor is useless, I get no sympathy what so ever. Just thought it was funny..

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Jason,
After reading your lengthy post (yes I actually read it all), I am of the opinion that you did not follow a lot of your own advice in this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ing-94568.html

Ken
Yeah, I need to revise that, NO SPINNING CUPS OF DEATH.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Well, we will be camping again tonight. Heading to my folks today and then out to the property for a weekend of camping with the family. I think we will be taking the kids to north west trek, (and animal park were the animals roam and you are in a bus/cage) and up Mt Rainier on Sunday. Looking forward to camping again...

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
So we had a great time at the family camp out, even though it was 90 and 70% humidity.

There were lots of kids, water, and atv's. A good time was had. Even got to take the kids to Northwest Trek. Northwest Trek Wildlife Park Came up over highway 12 and saw another AS in the town of Alder past by. A forgot what a beautiful drive it is over highway 12 to Yakima.

Camped again at Immigrant Springs SP tonight. There is another AS here and will have to say high in the morning. Then off to Snowville UT.. for the last night of our 3 week trip..

Man it's been fun..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
So we had a great time at the family camp out, even though it was 90 and 70% humidity.

There were lots of kids, water, and atv's. A good time was had. Even got to take the kids to Northwest Trek. Northwest Trek Wildlife Park Came up over highway 12 and saw another AS in the town of Alder past by. A forgot what a beautiful drive it is over highway 12 to Yakima.

Camped again at Immigrant Springs SP tonight. There is another AS here and will have to say high in the morning. Then off to Snowville UT.. for the last night of our 3 week trip..

Man it's been fun..
Where do you stay in Snowville. We pass through there often on the way to Seattle.

Ken
Old 08-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Where do you stay in Snowville. We pass through there often on the way to Seattle.

Ken
There is only one place, you can see it from the highway as you go past on the right heading to Washington. It's not bad really. If you get off a the first exit, go to the stop sign, turn left and it's about a mile down on the right.

all grass, $30 a night, full hook up, pull through, even have a shower, and a driving range with clubs and balls. Really they do...

I met Janie Q there on the way here. It's about 7 hours from our place so it's a good place to stop..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Quote:
There is only one place, you can see it from the highway as you go past on the right heading to Washington. It's not bad really. If you get off a the first exit, go to the stop sign, turn left and it's about a mile down on the right.

all grass, $30 a night, full hook up, pull through, even have a shower, and a driving range with clubs and balls. Really they do...

I met Janie Q there on the way here. It's about 7 hours from our place so it's a good place to stop..
Thanks, I know the place. I will stop and have a look next time I go through there. On our way north we have made it as far as Boise in one day, but usually stop in the valley north of Salt Lake City or somewhere in southern Idaho. Snowville might be about right. My record not towing the trailer is Rome, OR. The real adventure was when we moved here in 1993. My wife was driving our Nissan pathfinder towing her Honda CRX on a dolly. I was driving a 25' or longer (I can't remember for sure) Diesel U-haul truck towing my 78 Alfa Romeo on a trailer. We left Tacoma in the mid morning, I think. We drove until we had to stop sometime after mid night at a rest area in Idaho, somewhere south of Mountain home. We left around dawn and made to Longmont about 9:30 PM. I never want to do that again

Ken
Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Thanks, I know the place. I will stop and have a look next time I go through there. On our way north we have made it as far as Boise in one day, but usually stop in the valley north of Salt Lake City or somewhere in southern Idaho. Snowville might be about right. My record not towing the trailer is Rome, OR. The real adventure was when we moved here in 1993. My wife was driving our Nissan pathfinder towing her Honda CRX on a dolly. I was driving a 25' or longer (I can't remember for sure) Diesel U-haul truck towing my 78 Alfa Romeo on a trailer. We left Tacoma in the mid morning, I think. We drove until we had to stop sometime after mid night at a rest area in Idaho, somewhere south of Mountain home. We left around dawn and made to Longmont about 9:30 PM. I never want to do that again

Ken
before the twins, I would leave Cedaredge at 3 am and get to Renton in about 19 hours. I drove straight through, stopping here and there with 2 kids. The record with Michelle's brother was 15 hours and 15 min from Grand Junction, only stopping for gas 4 times, eating on the road, doing 80 mph +. But that was 13 years ago, and I don't like to do it any more. To hard on the body.

It's a nice place to stop and cools off at night. The kids love all the grass to play in, and they have a rope swing to play on.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Well we made it back home at 7 pm tonight. They kids had had enough driving. . Me to. I did just over 3000 miles in three weeks and 5 states. We averaged 10.5 mpg doing 69 mph when I could.

Glad to be back. Now it's time to finish the AS for our trip to yellowstone over labor day. So till next summer when this thread pops up again.

Safe travels.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
Quote:
Well we made it back home at 7 pm tonight. They kids had had enough driving. . Me to. I did just over 3000 miles in three weeks and 5 states. We averaged 10.5 mpg doing 69 mph when I could.

Glad to be back. Now it's time to finish the AS for our trip to yellowstone over labor day. So till next summer when this thread pops up again.

Safe travels.
Jason, I've enjoyed following this thread. We must have just missed you down in Seaside and Cannon Beach. We were down there all last week. How did you like Nehalem State Park? We went down there last Tuesday and rode our bikes around to scout out sites for a trip next year. Sure is a beautiful part of the Oregon coast.

Norm
Old 08-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbosa View Post
Jason, I've enjoyed following this thread. We must have just missed you down in Seaside and Cannon Beach. We were down there all last week. How did you like Nehalem State Park? We went down there last Tuesday and rode our bikes around to scout out sites for a trip next year. Sure is a beautiful part of the Oregon coast.

Norm
We really like the camp ground, big spots, trees, and just a walk through the dunes to the beach. Plus water and electric hook up. Just make reservations 6 to 9 months ahead. We did it 2.5 months and couldn't say there as long as we wanted..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
Quote:
We really like the camp ground, big spots, trees, and just a walk through the dunes to the beach. Plus water and electric hook up. Just make reservations 6 to 9 months ahead. We did it 2.5 months and couldn't say there as long as we wanted..
Thanks for the advise on the reservations.

If you like Nehalem, you should check out Grayland State Park near Westport, Washington. Similar setting with very nice sites on the other side of the Columbia.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbosa View Post
Thanks for the advise on the reservations.

If you like Nehalem, you should check out Grayland State Park near Westport, Washington. Similar setting with very nice sites on the other side of the Columbia.
Thanks We can of plan to split our time between Oregon and Washington beaches so will plan to stay there next year.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT