Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Well it looks like I will be spending the week with Michelle's mom till thursday, The kids get some time with Grandma. I will be visiting with some friends.

Then its down to my folks (where the AS is ) and out to their property in Eatonville, for the family camp out Friday night.. Then Monday I head back to Colorado. Going to take the kids up Mt. Rainer on sunday as they haven't ever been up there. Just going to sit back and relax for a few days..

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
So I thought I would relay a story that happened the day we left Oregon. It wasn't funny for me at the time but after I have to laugh. A LOT.

gotta start at the beginning.

We were planing on leaving at 9 am on thursday morning. We usally stay to check out time and hit the beach one more time. But we wanted to drive up hwy 101 to Westport Wa, and then to my folks.

I packed up a lot of stuff wed night so we could leave by 9am. The plan was set.

Well the kids sleep in to 8:45 and there was no way I was waking them up. I haven't sleep in that late since the twins were born.

Well by the time we ate and got everything put away it was 11 am. took 3 min. to hook up the Andersen hitch and off we went.

Just needed to dump and get rid of the trash. We drove by the trash compactor, but I figured there would be one at the dump station, right, WRONG.

So, Michelle has been wanting to know how things work. So she wanted to know how to dump.

Side story: when I was buying all my dump stuff my (friend) say get a clear 45 degree to hook up to the trailer so you knew when your tanks were empty. I did it not knowing any better.

So we pull up to the dump, I show her where the hoses are in the back and where the black tank "poop, and pee" and grey tank shower and sink water is hook ups are.

She asked why the ground is wet. I say you probally don't want to asks those type of questions.

She then jumps on the grass and starts wiping her feet all over the place like a dog in heat

Michelle is a family doctor so is a little bit of a germ freak

I have my rubber (disposable) gloves on and show her how to hook the hose up to the black tank. a little pee runs out when I take the cover off, and she is already grossed out and then realizes why the ground is wet

I show here where the pull lever is for the tank and let her rip. Then she is really grossed out as you can see everything coming out. Stupid friend, I think he did this on purpose...

Then we start laughing as we remeber the dump part in "RV" with Robin Williams. The guy next to us over heard and starts laughing to.

After everything comes out, she says your gonna touch that thing, Well I say it didn't flow down the outside. BUT it touched the ground she said. Part of the job honey.

So I then explain we hook it up to the grey tanks so the grey water flushes out the hose. and then we take the water hose at the dump station and flush the hose out and put it away.

So after "I" am done she makes we wash my hands with soap and alcohol pump gel, and wash the bottom of my shoes with a clorox wipe Doctors

And know it's a long story but we will be at the good part soon.

I then have to drive back to the garbage compactor and around the camp ground to get out, because there are to many people leaving to back around and get out of there. 11:20 am.

So we decide to go to Seaside and stop off at the aquarium. Small but fun for the kids. We then proceed to go and get an over priced burger and fish and chips at a small dinner. Was ok food, and not worth the money. But it's a tourist town so what can you expect.

Stuffed on lunch we are walking down the street and pass bumper cars and spinning tea cups of death. My boy "Andrew" is jumping up and down. I thinking "COOL" bumper cars.

He wants to go on the spinning tea cups of death and puke. I, "being the sane one" remind everyone we just ate 4 min ago. Andrew wants to go, starts begging, Michelle wants him to go and says Emma will go with him.

So Emma doesn't want to, I tell michelle to go with him. ( I know better than to get on that sick factory after eating)

But no, she is holding Elsa and Elsa wants her mummy not daddy and is throwing a good fit, and Emma is still refusing to go, and Andrew is still begging, and the ride is about to start, and I have to go

knowing better, I give the guy his $5 and climb on in. This thing goes around, up over humps and spins like a yo yo. What did I get my self into.

So I figure most of this sick thing is in my head but it doesn't help. After two times around I'm in trouble.

But come on, it's a rip off and will only last 2-3 minutes. WORNG

As I'm spinning I think "If I do lose it, it will go out and then back all over me and Andrew. What a mess that would be.

Stupid sadistic operator, I almost had to flag him down and get off early. I hung in there thinking it would end but it didn't round and round we went. I think the operator knew I was sick because he keep spinning us faster and faster.

Finialy the hellish, spinning, puke machine ended. I got off sweeting with cold chills, stomcha in a knot, and ready to see my lunch for the second time today, by coming out the same way it went in.

Michelle ask if I felt ok, I'm sorry but that was a stupid question. espicialy after she comments on how white I look

NO I DON"T FEEL OK. I just got of the spinning death wheel of puke, operated by Satan.

I'm also dizzy, but I figure lets start walking before I start puking. I don't want the 12 year old girls that just got off to see that mess.

So walking doesn't really help, but if I can make it to the trailer, parked by the river and can let lose there..

But then, we come across a guy directing us to $1 ice cream and salt water taffy. YEP you guessed it we had to go.

Luckily for me I spotted on of those 4' long benches and laid down, while everyone else had ice cream and bought a huge bag of salt water taffy.

Michelle asks if I feel any better. THE ANSWER IS NO.

We make it back to the trailer and I crawl onto our bed and lay there in the fetal position moaning. and sipping water, while I'm here, the rest of the family is cutting up sweet water taffy and trying every flavor.

Emma comments on how I am snuggling with her stuffed dog. I look down to see it under my arm, but just don't care as I feel so crapy. Luckily there was no picture taken.

Finally, after about 1/2 hour or so I'm feeling better so we hit the road.

Moral of the story: Don't eat a big lunch, and get talked into going on the spinning wheel of puke death, with a sadistic operator.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Jason: If by any chance you are coming back through Idaho, highway 12 from Lewiston to Missoula, I am roughly half way between them. Would love to have you stop and visit. No spinning teacups, but reasonable hookups.

PM me if you think you might be able to visit.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Jason, quite a day of dealing with bodily fluids and spinning tea cups of death. At least you did have a doctor with you and I hope you had your insurance cards.

Gene
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #61
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Wink Stick to yor principles!

Jason,
After reading your lengthy post (yes I actually read it all), I am of the opinion that you did not follow a lot of your own advice in this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ing-94568.html

Ken
Old 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Jason, quite a day of dealing with bodily fluids and spinning tea cups of death. At least you did have a doctor with you and I hope you had your insurance cards.

Gene
Gene having a wife as a doctor is useless, I get no sympathy what so ever. Just thought it was funny..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Jason,
After reading your lengthy post (yes I actually read it all), I am of the opinion that you did not follow a lot of your own advice in this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ing-94568.html

Ken
Yeah, I need to revise that, NO SPINNING CUPS OF DEATH.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Well, we will be camping again tonight. Heading to my folks today and then out to the property for a weekend of camping with the family. I think we will be taking the kids to north west trek, (and animal park were the animals roam and you are in a bus/cage) and up Mt Rainier on Sunday. Looking forward to camping again...

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
So we had a great time at the family camp out, even though it was 90 and 70% humidity.

There were lots of kids, water, and atv's. A good time was had. Even got to take the kids to Northwest Trek. Northwest Trek Wildlife Park Came up over highway 12 and saw another AS in the town of Alder past by. A forgot what a beautiful drive it is over highway 12 to Yakima.

Camped again at Immigrant Springs SP tonight. There is another AS here and will have to say high in the morning. Then off to Snowville UT.. for the last night of our 3 week trip..

Man it's been fun..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
So we had a great time at the family camp out, even though it was 90 and 70% humidity.

There were lots of kids, water, and atv's. A good time was had. Even got to take the kids to Northwest Trek. Northwest Trek Wildlife Park Came up over highway 12 and saw another AS in the town of Alder past by. A forgot what a beautiful drive it is over highway 12 to Yakima.

Camped again at Immigrant Springs SP tonight. There is another AS here and will have to say high in the morning. Then off to Snowville UT.. for the last night of our 3 week trip..

Man it's been fun..
Where do you stay in Snowville. We pass through there often on the way to Seattle.

Ken
Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Where do you stay in Snowville. We pass through there often on the way to Seattle.

Ken
There is only one place, you can see it from the highway as you go past on the right heading to Washington. It's not bad really. If you get off a the first exit, go to the stop sign, turn left and it's about a mile down on the right.

all grass, $30 a night, full hook up, pull through, even have a shower, and a driving range with clubs and balls. Really they do...

I met Janie Q there on the way here. It's about 7 hours from our place so it's a good place to stop..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
There is only one place, you can see it from the highway as you go past on the right heading to Washington. It's not bad really. If you get off a the first exit, go to the stop sign, turn left and it's about a mile down on the right.

all grass, $30 a night, full hook up, pull through, even have a shower, and a driving range with clubs and balls. Really they do...

I met Janie Q there on the way here. It's about 7 hours from our place so it's a good place to stop..
Thanks, I know the place. I will stop and have a look next time I go through there. On our way north we have made it as far as Boise in one day, but usually stop in the valley north of Salt Lake City or somewhere in southern Idaho. Snowville might be about right. My record not towing the trailer is Rome, OR. The real adventure was when we moved here in 1993. My wife was driving our Nissan pathfinder towing her Honda CRX on a dolly. I was driving a 25' or longer (I can't remember for sure) Diesel U-haul truck towing my 78 Alfa Romeo on a trailer. We left Tacoma in the mid morning, I think. We drove until we had to stop sometime after mid night at a rest area in Idaho, somewhere south of Mountain home. We left around dawn and made to Longmont about 9:30 PM. I never want to do that again

Ken
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Thanks, I know the place. I will stop and have a look next time I go through there. On our way north we have made it as far as Boise in one day, but usually stop in the valley north of Salt Lake City or somewhere in southern Idaho. Snowville might be about right. My record not towing the trailer is Rome, OR. The real adventure was when we moved here in 1993. My wife was driving our Nissan pathfinder towing her Honda CRX on a dolly. I was driving a 25' or longer (I can't remember for sure) Diesel U-haul truck towing my 78 Alfa Romeo on a trailer. We left Tacoma in the mid morning, I think. We drove until we had to stop sometime after mid night at a rest area in Idaho, somewhere south of Mountain home. We left around dawn and made to Longmont about 9:30 PM. I never want to do that again

Ken
before the twins, I would leave Cedaredge at 3 am and get to Renton in about 19 hours. I drove straight through, stopping here and there with 2 kids. The record with Michelle's brother was 15 hours and 15 min from Grand Junction, only stopping for gas 4 times, eating on the road, doing 80 mph +. But that was 13 years ago, and I don't like to do it any more. To hard on the body.

It's a nice place to stop and cools off at night. The kids love all the grass to play in, and they have a rope swing to play on.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 08-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Well we made it back home at 7 pm tonight. They kids had had enough driving. . Me to. I did just over 3000 miles in three weeks and 5 states. We averaged 10.5 mpg doing 69 mph when I could.

Glad to be back. Now it's time to finish the AS for our trip to yellowstone over labor day. So till next summer when this thread pops up again.

Safe travels.

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT