Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
Oregon Coast

We are going to bicycle from Fort Stevens state park to Crescent City in May. We know the Oregon Coast well but this will be our maiden voyage with a TT. Any suggestions on where to stay, cautions on where to avoid etc. would be appreciated.
MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
The county park at Barview (Garibaldi ) would be a good stop for your first stop after Fort Stevens. There are a couple of RV parks in Garibaldi as well.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
OregonCanuck

2012 19' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
You say that you are going to bicycle from Ft. Stevens to Crescent City but then you talk about your "maiden voyage" with a TT. I'm confused. Are you bicycling or pulling a TT?
Avoid Beverly Beach unless you love being packed in with the sound of screaming kids riding their bicycles around and around the loop screaming "wait for me!!!, wait for me!!!"
OregonCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Cat City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyV View Post
We are going to bicycle from Fort Stevens state park to Crescent City in May. We know the Oregon Coast well but this will be our maiden voyage with a TT. Any suggestions on where to stay, cautions on where to avoid etc. would be appreciated.
I'm terrible at remembering names....but that said, the Oregon State Parks are FANTASTIC. We made the entire coast trip last summer and stayed at many of the State Parks with our AS. They are plentiful, clean, attractive and cheap. As you go, check the "rvcampgroundreviews" site for the ones you think sound interesting. We found those reviews to be very accurate and useful.

We also found some nice commercial RV parks too. The Oregon coast is so filled with camping opportunity you almost can't go wrong. Good luck.
mstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
I cycled the coast highway and think you can't go wrong at any of the state parks. Great facilities. Mind you, I did the trip in February, so it was often just me and the camp hosts. I can't speak to the facilities for trailers, as the only trailer I had was the BOB that I towed behind my bike.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCanuck View Post
You say that you are going to bicycle from Ft. Stevens to Crescent City but then you talk about your "maiden voyage" with a TT. I'm confused. Are you bicycling or pulling a TT?
Avoid Beverly Beach unless you love being packed in with the sound of screaming kids riding their bicycles around and around the loop screaming "wait for me!!!, wait for me!!!"
Have you forgotten about this?

Way to go Monty! Hope those hills aren't too steep!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
OregonCanuck

2012 19' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Have you forgotten about this?

Way to go Monty! Hope those hills aren't too steep!

I have got to send this one to Maureen, she is the bicycle enthusiast.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCanuck View Post
Maureen wants to bicycle across the country, me I am more of a sailor. I am working my boat down through the Panama Canal and will sail it over to Europe in a few years. We bought the TT so Maureen could ride across the country. I wasn't too enthused about pitching a tent every night and hauling all of our supplies. So, in the morning Maureen takes off on her bicycle. I then drive the TT to the next scheduled stop. I hop on my bike and go back and meet her. I enjoy the scenery, really want to stay active but don't really care if I bike each individual mile of a trip. thus, biking the oregon coast and the maiden trip with the TT all in one.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
OregonCanuck

2012 19' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Sounds like a great lifestyle!! I need to work just three more years (if I can stand it) before full-timing.