Old 08-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Ontario travel plan for late summer/fall

Three Provincial Parks, booked.

We'll be staying at Long Point on Lake Erie for a week in late August, just before my wife will go back to work after her maternity leave.

September we'll be trying out Earl Rowe Provincial Park, not even an hour north of Toronto. This is a bit of an unusual choice for us, as it's not on one of the larger lakes and a very small park. We'll be giving it a try as a lets get the trailer hitched, we're going camping for the weekend spontaneous getaway choice, see if we like it.

Canadian Thanksgiving will see us at Presquile Provincial Park on Lake Ontario. Very excited about this one, as we've managed to snag a site that's pretty much directly on the beach.

I'd like to get a long weekend in in Algonquin Park to see the leaves change, but my wife's work might frown on her taking holidays after just being away for a year.

What are your plans for the fall?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Sounds like you have a good plan!

We plan our fall tour to be in Northern Ontario last week in Aug, Eastern Ont., West Quebec, Kingston area middle of Sept, NW NY State (Utica, Norwich) last week of Sept., and possibly taking the Clipper home to JC for family reunion early Oct. to see if we can promote new Class A production.

Possible tour of the new THOR facility at Wakarusa.

We may hit as far south as Las Vegas on the return, and will be stopping at Country Coach in JC, Oregon to see what is happening on their new products.

This trip we will have the toad and will be doing more extended stays at selected stops.

Hope to meet a few fellow streamers for a coffee (or) along our travel route.

Dave

"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Penfield , New York
Where do you camp near Norwich, NY? Have you tried Bowman Lake State Park? Wonderful!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Our NY portion of this tour was more of a working excursion than a sightseeing one.

Our goal was to visit and refresh/restore some of the family headstones and pay our respects to those that paved the way for us to have the freedoms we do today.

Some of the older stones were in very poor condition and I was able to do some restoration with my dremel tool. We were very pleased with the results.

Because we were spending all day on sites, we just parked the Clipper where we could for the off hours.

The Mohawk Valley has so many beautiful areas to camp and so much to offer from the historical past, that one should try to spend more time there for sure!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	090620136039.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	518.3 KB
ID:	198031   Click image for larger version

Name:	090620136026.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	198032  

Click image for larger version

Name:	090720136086.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	198033  
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote