Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
2008 25' Safari SS SE
west plains , Missouri
You might want to consider starting at the south end of the Tetons and working your way north, then returning home via the northern states...i.e. Dakotas. We did that way..Tetons...Yellowstone...Glacier ...Calgary..Lake Louise...Vancouver..Washington Oregon coast..northern California...back across home in Missouri. This took 64 nights and 9750 miles. If you ended the circle at Glacier and started back east it could be done in a month. We went in the summer and had reservations only at Yellowstone. There is a very nice RV park called Grizzly in the village of West Yellowstone at the west gate of the park. Happy travels.

rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member
1970 27' Overlander
Shaker Heights , Ohio
rjack, thanks for the suggestions. You must have missed my update post on 8/5 with the pic of the Grinnell glacier. We left Ohio July 5th and came back August 5th. We hit the Badlands and Rushmore and then we did our first night in the Tetons at Colter Bay, then we moved to Gro Ventre CG for 6 nights, then had 4 nights in Yellowstone at Grant CG (where we lucked out and got reservations 2 days before leaving the Tetons) and then made our way to Glacier and stayed on the east side of the park for 9 days, one at Johnson's and the rest at Many Glacier CG. The trip was amazing thanks in part to folks like yourself who gave us great tips on where to go. This is truly what the Forums are all about. Thanks again!

Ray Juaire
WBCCI-6849 . TAC OH-22

It is impossible to achieve the aim without suffering-unknown source from a Robert Fripp album-
rayandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1988 29' Excella
Browns Mills , New Jersey
We've been on the road since July 24, doing a coast to coast trip, starting in New Jersey.just made our first east bound turn the other day after doing Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, South Dakota, Bad Lands, Yellowstone and to the west coast. Drove up the coast of Oregon into Washington and are heading for Glacier National Park. We've seen so much beauty in the good old USA!!! What I was surprised about was the difficulty in finding places to stop, there are so many campgrounds but also more campers! So, with that in mind, I just booked 2 nights at Glacier, at least I know we'll have a spot to park! I'm pretty sure I got the last reservable spot (so they said anyway!!) still so much to see, guess we have to do it again next year!! Thanks for all the tips on here, it makes life just a little bit easier...

Sandi & Bob is offline   Reply With Quote