Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Waterton was our favorite part of Glacier, too...such a spectacularly beautiful town and setting.

Maggie
Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 PM   #42
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Glad you made it back safely.

I'm sorry about the wrong advice on the free Glacier shuttle. But from experience, driving on Going-To-the-Sun only to find no parking at Logan Pass isn't wonderful, either. Maybe the concession's red cars are the best option. I don't know what they charge, but they would at least leave on schedule.

Actually, one of our favourite parts of Glacier NP is in the far northwestern part-- Bowman and Kintla Lakes. We wouldn't tow our AS on the rough road to get there, but you can leave behind most of the front-country traffic, and the scenery is still drop-dead beautiful. Especially for kayakers and canoeists.

We hope your ankle gets better soon.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
Glad you made it back safely.

I'm sorry about the wrong advice on the free Glacier shuttle. But from experience, driving on Going-To-the-Sun only to find no parking at Logan Pass isn't wonderful, either. Maybe the concession's red cars are the best option. I don't know what they charge, but they would at least leave on schedule.

Actually, one of our favourite parts of Glacier NP is in the far northwestern part-- Bowman and Kintla Lakes. We wouldn't tow our AS on the rough road to get there, but you can leave behind most of the front-country traffic, and the scenery is still drop-dead beautiful. Especially for kayakers and canoeists.

We hope your ankle gets better soon.
No worries at all. I feel like our timing was just especially unlucky. But yeah, I noticed people were circling for a ridiculous amount of time trying to park at Logan's Pass; they didn't seem to be having much more luck than we were. It all worked out ok though. It was stressful, but we still had some nice moments and most importantly, we made it across the border just in time. We got the major #1 touristy thing out of the way, so next time we go back (that is if I can ever manage to drag my husband there again), we will definitely check out other, less crowded parts of the park. Glacier wasn't a destination, just a waypoint. I knew we were doing it wrong, but just wanted to see a little bit of the park instead of completely circumventing it. So in that regard, mission accomplished!
polyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Junction City , OR
I Looked up Bowman Lake and Kintla Lake on Google Earth but i couldn't see any roads in or out of there . how did you get there ?
Actually, one of our favourite parts of Glacier NP is in the far northwestern part-- Bowman and Kintla Lakes. We wouldn't tow our AS on the rough road to get there, but you can leave behind most of the front-country traffic, and the scenery is still drop-dead beautiful. Especially for kayakers and canoeists
Jerry Kegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #45
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
There are definitely roads to these lakes, but they are gravel and dirt roads. They go along the western boundary of the park. The Glacier NP maps show them.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/static-yell...rNPMap_NPS.pdf

Probably now closed for the season.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote