Old 01-30-2003, 01:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
Off Road...

Oooooooops !!!!!!!.......
Not a bad day at work 2day, things were a kind of organised nothing new there, at about 5pm, our busy time, mobile rings, it's my D/D...the cars made a banging noise and it made a smell, went slow, smoked then stopped...and I can't start it...luckily 4 her a neighbour passed by the other way, turned around and took her home, about a mile away...
On my way home at 7pm, spies D/Ds car up on the verge, with police car behind it...stops, explains what happened, are about to tow it home, so off I goes, to get D/D....Tows the lame duck home, opens the bonnet...good look round, will not even turn over, second look reveals NO water in rad res...pulls out, head gasket blown, bores full of water...out comes plugs....oil & water in bores...looks down and sees a shiny piece of metal sticking out of the rad...
That was the bang...oncoming vehicle flipped up a piece of flat bar, about 6x2...1/4in thick...through the grill, the radiator, the smell, hot water escaping, and the smoke was steam, now at sixty dont take long to empty, buy the time my D/D could stop, the damage was done...water out, overheated...engine drenched in oil, end of the engine...locked up looks like our family friend is going to get cold and dirty...putting in another engine for her...I asked her why she never stopped straight away, and she said I thought I would get home ok...well we ALL know what thought did...don't we....Mmmm...where can I find an engine at 8pm ...I know...I'll phone WALLY WORLD...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote