Old 07-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
NY metro area!

Any AS owners / forum members from the
New York metro area out there?

Where are you guys?!

It just seems that we never see anybody from our area on this forum.

We're a married couple in our late 20's, with 2 dogs and kids on the planning board.

Not yet retired...so planning only weekend trips for the time being.

Anyone out there in the same boots?

Kimili

Old 07-25-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
There was somebody here on the forum last winter who lived in NYC. Pretty much chronicled his purchase and delivery of a late 60's Airstream that he got from down south, several pictures as well. We were all wondering where the heck in NYC he would be able to store his Silver Bullet but turns out he had some wharf space down on the waterfront, very cool. Haven't heard from him in quite some time now.

Most people are pretty regular around here and some come and go like the wind, very interesting to watch!

Chas

Old 07-26-2003, 06:02 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Smile

There are some New Yorkers, i am from the Hudson Valley retired and looking for my first AS which would have to be 21 foot or smaller as i will tow with 302 Ford Van. I finally saw a number of AS trailers in the past couple of weeks mostly on the Thruway.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #4
saxonsraven

Long Island NY

Hello:
I have an Argosy MH 24ft which will be on Long Island soon I hope. I am out near Riverhead.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:04 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Our trailer was first sold by a dealer in NJ - - we plan to travel this fall to NY State, near NJ, so my wife can attend her 50th class reunion in NJ. (Englewood) Looks like better RV facilities in NY. Oh, we're both originally from NJ, but have been in Texas for 48 yrs.

Don't want anything to do with the "The City". Almost mugged there last year (in front of Madison SQ Garden, about midnight), but that's another story.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Few but good!

Well, I guess it's just us then!

Any cool suggestions for weekend trips in our area with our AS?

Our gues would be Long Island.

Any AS reunions going on there?

We called the president of the WBCC for our area and he was of no help.

cheers
KIMILI

PS
If you need a good AS dealer give the guys at "Shining Time Express" Darien Center, NY a call. They're great, helpful and incredibly honest!! They have by far, the best prices in our area.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:25 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

I spent a good portion of my young life in Garfield NJ, and had relatives in Englewood. I also lived in Tucson, Arizona for a while and have relatives in Hereford Texas.

Bruce
Old 08-09-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Fellow New Yorker

I live in Manhattan. I do not have an Airstream yet.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:50 AM   #9
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
There is a rally almost every year at the Statue of Liberty. You might want to check it out.

www.wbcci.org Is the club site. There are things going on in your region. You are the same age edie and I were when we bought our first one, and it has been 10 years of Airstreaming for us.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Hi,KIMILI
IM in north Jersey west orange, my trailer is at Jersey shore haven an Airstream park you might try that for cool weekend get away Exit 17 GSP

Hi, Don in E Texas
IM currently working in Englewood installing a new pipe organ in Saint Paul's chapel on Engle Street..........small world

Hi,roadtripjunkie
there are some trailers for sale at JSH,I can check them out for you and report back, let me know......you might try SouthJersey RV
http://www.southjerseyrv.com

Thomas in New Jersey
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Wink ENGLEWOOD, NJ

Hi fellow NY area AS lovers,

we're not that many but most of us seem to have a connection with Englewood.

By the way...we do too!

Maybe the next local WBCC meeting should take place in Englewood and we could all meet.

Are any of you members?

Do you use their services?

We've tried to get in contact with them but most efforts resulted in very dissapointing experiences.

The Liberty meeting was a couple of weeks ago. need to wait another year for that opportunity. Their other gatherings are long trips we can't participate. Need to work.

Cheers
Old 08-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

KIMILI,
I assume you are talking about the Watchung NJ Unit
like you I have contacted them my, experience was similar to yours
most of the members are older married folks........Being a single 39yrs I did not have to much in common with them .......... During the late fall and winter they have dinners and luncheons that you can attend as a guess
I have meet a lot of there members at JSH,I have really enjoyed being around other airstreamers there really is a bond, and the stories from the old timers are great
when I do join the WBCCI it will be the Washington unit, the unofficial home of the VAC.............Thomas
Old 08-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Dissapointing WBCCI

Hi KIMLI and N.J. 74 Sovereign and other metro area Airstreamers,

I'm very interested to know more about your negative WBCCI experience for this region/area. I know that the club is mostly retired people but I heard there are some areas that the people in charge are younger. I'm in my early 20's and when I get my Airstream (hopefully soon) I'd love to be invovled in some caravans or trips- but I want it to be more like the actually Wally Byam Caravans. I know the club might not be for me and I'm wondering if you feel the same way. What other options are there out there?

please post your reply
thanks

PS should we start a new thread on this? I'm still kinda a newbie to this forum.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
WBCC for working people!

Actually we contacted the NY metro area unit through the numbers found on the blue beret.

No young guys there and who we contacted seemed to have no interest in us joining.

We have your same intentions, caravans etc. and are seriously wondering on the help the WBCC can give us. Maybe we should start a new WBCC, a "Junior branch" of it.

I'd been thinking about it since after reading several issues of the blue beret and viewing the WBCC website.

All their organization is geared and set up for retired people who have extended time available for travelling. Unfortunately, we are not in that situation and therefore our needs are very different from what they offer.

I'd started a letter to the President of AS and the President of the WBCC to indtroduce them to our idea of a "Junior Branch of the WBCC", but didn't yet finish it.

What do you guys think about it?

Cheers