Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #21
Kev

Hi Kimili,
Keep me posted about the dinner and or meeting.
Thanks,
Kev
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:07 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Kimili: Also interested in any dinner or meeting.

I'm in my early 50's, still working, of course, and looking to buy my first AS. To see the new models I had to drive up around Poughkeepsie NY from Long Island as there is nobody in NYC who sells them, and they are almost nonexistent on the roads until one gets to upstate NY. I know about the dealership in Lakewood NJ but hate the Cross Bronx Expressway).

I am amazed by the camaraderie and depth of knowledge on this forum. Some of the restoration projects belong on HGTV ("This Old Trailer"...) All you need is video on this forum and many of us wouldn't need a TV anymore....

BTW, I will gladly exchange a digital video (on DVD of course) of anyone's A/S for a tour of one if you're in the NYC area. Titiels and music included. Let me know, I will bring the camera, take a tour and send you a video....I'm serious about that. No charge. May help someone when they want to sell / upgrade if they had a video tour.

Bob
Old 10-01-2003, 04:37 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
DINNER

DINNER: Haven't heard of a confirmed date yet but December seems to be the confirmed month. I'll double check with them next week and post dates for everyone here on the forums.

Quote:
hate the Cross Bronx Expressway
Oh yeah! Not too long ago I was stuck on it for 3 hrs!!! Unfortunately we have to deal with it on a weekly basis, live in NJ work nights at the family restaurant in Westchester, NY.

If you're really interested in purchasing a new one you'll have to shop around. There's also another AS dealer in NY, he's near Buffalo, a few hrs drive, but he's really nice.

Quote:
will gladly exchange a digital video (on DVD of course) of anyone's A/S for a tour of one if you're in the NYC area.
The official AS website aswell as many dealer's offer videos - virtual tours - of various AS models. You can check them out online for free.

Thanks for the free video offer but we're not selling. We'll gladly offer you a free tour of our AS though. We'll be in Long Island this weekend, camping in the North Fork.

Let us know
Old 10-02-2003, 10:51 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Re the video: Doesn't matter if you're selling - from what I gather most folks here aren't. I'm a Venture Crew Advisor (Venturing is a coed division of the Boy Scouts for 14-21 year olds) and I do a lot of video for my crew to promote Venturing. They give them out to interested kids on DVD.

Think that if Airstreamers had their own videos of their units - especially the vintage units - they could share them with friends, family and eventually forums like this as broadband connections increase.

Since I'm used to being a volunteer, I thought I'd volunteer my services here as well. The advice here on tow vehicles, hitches, refinishing, etc. is unavailable anywhere else and is so extensive that it's obvous that people volunteer hours of their time to advise and teach. Kinda like Scouting. Offer still stands to any AS'ers in NYC area.

Not ready to lay out $30K++ for a new AS yet, especially while the kid is in college, but the older ones look great for their age when they're well maintained.

I went to Holiday on Wheels in Patterson NY to look at new models. Quite an intimidating experience - way off the main road, nobody even asked us what we were interested in. Felt like we weren't welcome.

Bob
Old 10-02-2003, 01:12 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Think that if Airstreamers had their own videos of their units - especially the vintage units - they could share them with friends, family and eventually forums like this as broadband connections increase.
Gotcha!
Great idea! Maybe there could be a section in the "airstreamphotos" website with just videos/virtual tours.

Why don't you write to Andy the owner or maybe you can start a new thread just on this, to see how many members would be interested.

Vintage models are great but you need the time and place to fix them, we didn't have either. New is cool.

Anyway as stated in previous message we'll be in Long Island this weekend, camping in the North Fork. If you want to see a new one, swing on by
Old 10-08-2003, 05:36 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Thank you for spending the time with us this past weekend!

I'm currently in the AS "wannabee" class. Kimili's "TITAN" is quite beautiful. The blue-and-white interior really goes well with the aluminum walls and the setup is jewel-box perfect.

It's quite a diiferent experience to see an AS in the showroom than it is to see one in a campground, spend some time with the owners, and experience what appears to be "Airstream Hospitality"!

It's as real in person as it is on the forum.

I learned at least three things that I hadn't seen here!

These folks luv their home on wheels and really know their stuff!

Thanks again!

Bob and Elise
Old 10-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Anytime and thanks for the cookies!

It was a pleasure meeting you both, forum members in person.

Hey guys,
have canadarago come and visit you, he brought the most delicious fresh baked cookies!!!!! Yum! Yum!

...when are you coming over again??